|By CloudCommons 2012||
|December 12, 2012 04:13 PM EST||
The Innovative CIO!
The Innovative CIO: How IT Leaders Can Drive Business Transformation – the new book from Andi Mann and George Watt
The APM group recently warned that competing cloud computing standards could harm the market, according to this ComputerWeekly article. There are currently around 20 competing cloud standards and APM argues that without an industry-wide standard, organizations may be hesitant to move to cloud.
The Weather Channel recently experienced its highest traffic ever during Hurricane Sandy and a recent switch to the cloud allowed their real-time radar mapping system to scale with the increased demand, according to this NetworkWorld article. During the hurricane, they scaled up from 20 to 175 AWS nodes to meet the demand of 450 million users.
Savvis, a managed hosting provider, has launched Savvis Direct, a beta compute service, as well as Symphony Cloud Storage, according to this InformationWeek article. Symphony Cloud Storage could compete with similar services from Amazon and Google.
Smart Enterprise Magazine: Identity as the New Perimeter
The cloud-based mobile enterprise needs special protection. Centralized identity management is the best solution, says John Hawley of CA Technologies. Read “Identity as the New Perimeter,” in the new issue of Smart Enterprise magazine Fearless: How IT Security Empowers Business. Download the free iPad app or read the online edition today.
By Denise Dubie, CA Technologies
Cloud computing is credited with transforming the landscape of IT from how the business procures services and resources to how vendors deliver product to the role IT plays in acquiring and delivering technology. It's important that IT leaders see the opportunities cloud offers the technology organization and the business it supports rather than view the changes cloud presents as anything other than an evolution of the role of IT. Read the full article.
How mature is the public cloud? Join us for a @CloudCommons #CloudViews tweetchat on December 18th at 2ET where we’ll be discussing the public cloud. You can preview the questions on Smart Enterprise.
Where is cloud computing going in 2013? In this Forbes blog, Joe McKendrick shares his 7 cloud computing predictions for 2013, including more hosted private cloud, the new PCs – personal clouds, cloud talent shortages, and “cloud” as a defining term fades.
How did DevOps emerge? This Wired article examines how the application-centric nature of cloud computing has led to the emergence of DevOps, a term for the collaboration between software development and IT operations teams.
A recent GigaSpaces survey of 243 IT professionals revealed that 80% of respondents see big data processing as mission critical and only 20% said that they had no plans to move big data to the cloud, according to this DataCenterKnowledge article. To find out more about what GigaSpaces is doing with cloud, watch this Cloud Luminaries video.
Upcoming Cloud Events
- Cloud Expo Europe: January 29-30, Olympia, London
- International Conference on Computing: January 28-31, San Diego, CA
- Cloud Expo Europe: January 29-30, Olympia, London
- International Conference on Cloud Computing and Service Science: January 30-31, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict