|By PR Newswire||
|December 13, 2012 11:00 AM EST||
SAN FRANCISCO, Dec. 13, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Automattic, the company behind the popular web platform, WordPress.com, today announced WordPress.com Enterprise, a new self-service cloud-based customized WordPress.com service. Hosted by Automattic, Enterprise brings together the simplicity of WordPress.com and the scaling, security and built-in functionality of WordPress.com VIP. The new service allows brands and businesses to quickly create custom sites that can handle high traffic, are mobile and tablet ready and can host rich media including videos, photos and more. Enterprise is available immediately for $500 per site, per month. Currently, Enterprise powers sites for a variety of businesses and brands including ESPN Digital, JackThreads, Moonfrye.com, and The 4-Hour Chef.
Enterprise offers the best features of both WordPress.com, the cloud version of WordPress that is hosted and supported by Automattic, and WordPress.com VIP, Automattic's service designed for large-scale organizations.
WordPress.com Enterprise key features include:
- Mobile & Social Integration: All sites built with Enterprise can be made mobile and tablet ready with a single click and connected to popular social networks including Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, and LinkedIn through the Publicize feature.
- Scale: WordPress.com handles hundreds of millions of pageviews per day without disruption and monitors sites to ensure impressive uptime.
- Support: Enterprise users receive white glove support to help with any questions along the way.
- Advertising: With Enterprise, organizations are able to run and manage any advertising campaign they'd like on their website.
- Track Audience Engagement: Learn more about the audience including where they're from and how they found the site. Enterprise features maps and graphs with all pertinent stats. Also, easily add Google Analytics and Chartbeat tracking on the website.
"When we created The 4-Hour Chef website (http://fourhourchef.com), we wanted a custom, mobile-ready design that would be able to handle a lot of traffic," said Tim Ferriss, #1 New York Times bestselling author of The 4-Hour Workweek and The 4-Hour Body. "With WordPress.com Enterprise, we got the site up and running quickly with all of the features we were looking for."
"At Automattic our goal is to continue innovating on the WordPress.com platform to expand to more people and organizations," said Toni Schneider, CEO of Automattic. "We saw a need with many of our customers - from individual users to large corporations - to create high-profile custom scalable websites on a tight deadline, and WordPress.com Enterprise makes that possible."
For those interested in building a site using Enterprise, the service costs $500 per site, per month and can be purchased through the WordPress.com store. The entire WordPress platform has seen impressive growth of late; currently the platform powers 17.4% of the top million sites on the web. For more information about WordPress.com Enterprise please visit: http://vip.wordpress.com/enterprise.
Automattic offers a network of web services for online publishers including WordPress.com, VIP Hosting and Support, VaultPress, Akismet, VideoPress, Polldaddy, IntenseDebate, Gravatar, and more. The Automattic network attracts over half a billion worldwide unique visitors every month. For more information, visit http://automattic.com.
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict