|By Business Wire||
|December 13, 2012 11:00 AM EST||
Xfinity TV customers have enjoyed the benefit of being among the first to stream thousands of On Demand video choices to their tablet or smartphone through an app – a great entertainment option while connected to the Internet. And now, Comcast has added a new capability to its Xfinity TV Player app that enables customers to download content from the Internet directly to their mobile device, so they can watch their favorite TV shows and movies in the palm of their hand – offline, wherever they are.
Beginning today, Xfinity TV digital customers can download thousands of premium TV and movie choices from SHOWTIME®, STARZ, ENCORE and MOVIEPLEX via the app onto their Apple or Android smartphones or tablets. Xfinity TV digital customers who subscribe to these premium networks can simply download an available movie or TV show over an Internet connection, then watch it wherever their travels take them. This feature is perfect for keeping entertained in places that generally don’t have an available or optimal Internet connection; in an airplane, on family car trips, or even on the subway.
“Millions of smartphone and tablet users in the U.S. watch video on their mobile devices. With that in mind, Comcast is continuously innovating the TV experience and developing new features and tools that provide our customers with more options for how, when and where they watch content,” said Charlie Herrin, Senior Vice President of Product Design and Development at Comcast Cable. “Today’s Xfinity TV Player enhancement underscores that commitment to our customers by adding more flexibility for them to watch entertainment on their terms – now without having to rely on an Internet connection to watch their favorite programming while on-the-go.”
Among the popular selections now available to download, subscribers can catch up on hit programming from SHOWTIME, including Homeland and Dexter, and STARZ, including Spartacus and Magic City. And to keep the younger generation entertained, popular kids’ movies on STARZ such as Cars 2 and The Muppets are available to download. Comcast plans to add many more downloadable choices from additional programming partners in the coming months. All customers will be able to download content over an available WiFi Internet connection. In addition, as part of their innovation technology joint venture, Comcast and Verizon Wireless have teamed up to offer Verizon Wireless customers the flexibility to download and stream content directly to mobile devices over its 4G LTE network.
Comcast offers its Xfinity TV digital customers two apps – the Xfinity TV Player app and the Xfinity TV app – for making viewing and managing entertainment easier than ever. The Xfinity TV Player app is designed for customers who simply want to watch video on their mobile devices – now with more than 18,500 streaming On Demand choices via Apple and Android devices, as well as the thousands of downloadable choices currently available. The company’s Xfinity TV app helps customers personalize and manage the TV viewing experience including scheduling your DVR, remote tuning and a queue where you can keep track of the latest TV shows and movie releases. Both apps can be downloaded free-of-charge on Google Play and Apple iTunes.
Information on the Xfinity TV Player app and the new download feature is available here.
About Comcast Cable
Comcast Cable is the nation's largest video, high-speed Internet and phone provider to residential customers under the XFINITY brand and also provides these services to businesses. Comcast has invested in technology to build an advanced network that delivers among the fastest broadband speeds, and brings customers personalized video, communications and home management offerings. Comcast Corporation (Nasdaq: CMCSA, CMCSK) is a global media and technology company. Visit www.comcastcorporation.com for more information.
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict