|By Marketwired .||
|December 13, 2012 11:00 AM EST||
SAN FRANCISCO, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 12/13/12 -- Cabulous, one of the earliest companies in the hired-ride app business, today announced it's leading the way into the second-generation of the industry, renaming the company and product Flywheel. The company has revamped its iPhone and Android apps, upgraded its driver app and enhanced its cloud-based dispatch platform.
Flywheel is focused on affordability, accountability and transparency. Fares are based on licensed metered rates with Flywheel charging riders a very low 60-cent fee for mobile payment. Flywheel partners with taxi fleets and is integrated with their existing dispatch systems and taxis. The company has over 2000 taxis in over a dozen US cities, including 1/3 of the taxis in San Francisco.
Drivers receive 100% of the metered fare, because Flywheel believes we shouldn't take hard-earned income out of the drivers' pockets. Other aspects of our Ride Experience platform ensure that drivers are as reliable as possible, consumers get the service and reliability they crave, and the entire experience works smoothly within the urban context anytime, anyplace.
"Flywheel is actively working with existing fleets and regulators to deliver passenger convenience and reliability without compromising safety, fairness and equal access. We're deploying from the outset with a platform that complies with existing laws and regulations, including meter integration, hands-free operation, fleet-verified licensing and insurance," said Steve Humphreys, CEO of Flywheel. "Our goal is to use emerging technology such as mobile payments, real-time geolocation, cloud infrastructure and seamless dispatch integration to modernize the industry and improve efficiency, peak demand services, taxi utilization and lower operational costs. All of these contribute to an improved, less crowded, less hassled, more convenient, lower cost and more ecologically balanced urban experience. This is Flywheel's mission."
Flywheel believes we all can thrive within the urban environment, improving the experience for passengers, enhancing the services and income of our cities' great taxi drivers and encouraging us all to hire a ride instead of driving ourselves -- no driving, no parking, just getting there cost-effectively and enjoying our terrific cities.
The Flywheel app is now available in the App Store and on Google Play.
Headquartered in San Francisco and founded in 2010, the company formerly known as Cabulous raised $8MM in funding earlier this year. Investors include Shasta Ventures, Rockport Capital, Sand Hill Angels and members of the Band of Angels. Flywheel can be found at www.flywheelnow.com
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict