|By PR Newswire||
|December 13, 2012 08:01 AM EST||
REDWOOD CITY, Calif., Dec. 13, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- LucidWorks, the trusted name in Search, Discovery and Analytics, today announced that New Idea Engineering, a leading search technology consulting company, is now a part of LucidWorks. The New Idea Engineering team will allow LucidWorks to meet the growing demand for search expertise as companies worldwide choose Lucene/Solr to transform mountains of information and big data into invaluable insights that can create tangible business benefits. New Idea Engineering's team, Miles Kehoe, Mark Bennett and Evan Sayer, are joining LucidWorks' engineering and professional services groups, thereby adding high caliber talent to the company's cadre of Apache Lucene/Solr open source search experts.
"At no time in history has enterprise search been so crucial," said Paul Doscher, president and CEO of LucidWorks. "The technology has become a critical ingredient in managing and understanding information in a way that immediately impacts business decisions to create competitive advantage. We're thrilled to have the proven authorities from New Idea Engineering join us in our quest to help customers reap those benefits and meet new data challenges head on. Miles, Mark and Evan bring coveted talent to LucidWorks, adding to a collective knowledge base that far surpasses that of our competitors."
Miles Kehoe and Mark Bennett founded New Idea Engineering in 1996 to focus on the business and technology of search. They bring more than 40 years of collective enterprise search experience to LucidWorks, with deep knowledge across all major commercial search platforms. Kehoe joins as director of professional services where he will oversee a team of high-caliber consultants working side-by-side with LucidWorks customers to successfully implement their mission critical search applications. Bennett joins the engineering team where his seniority and talent will be leveraged within core engineering projects to further product innovation. Sayer joins professional services as a member of the consulting team reporting directly to Kehoe.
- Watch the future of search unfold on the LucidWorks blog
- Follow LucidWorks on Twitter @LucidImagineer and Facebook
- Learn how leading companies are benefiting from LucidWorks in these Lucene Revolution videos and presentations
LucidWorks transforms the way people access data to enable information-driven business decisions. LucidWorks is the only company that delivers enterprise-grade search development platforms built on the power of Apache Lucene/Solr open source search. Employing one quarter of the Core Committers to the Apache Lucene/Solr project, Lucidworks is the largest supporter of open source search in the industry. LucidWorks Search delivers unmatched scalability to billions of documents, with sub-second query and faceting response time. LucidWorks Big Data tightly integrates key Apache projects needed to build and deploy applications requiring access to multi-structured data. Customers include AT&T, ADP, Sears, Ford, Verizon, Cisco, Zappos, Raytheon, The Guardian, The Smithsonian Institution, The Motley Fool, Qualcomm, Taser, eHarmony and many other household names around the world. LucidWorks' investors include Shasta Ventures, Granite Ventures, Walden International and In-Q-Tel. Learn more about the company at www.lucidworks.com.
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict