|By PR Newswire||
|December 13, 2012 07:11 AM EST||
LONDON, December 13, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
onefinestay appoints Jackson Hull as CTO to build industry-leading technology team
onefinestay (http://www.onefinestay.com), the company that lets guests live like a local in distinctive homes in London and New York while the owners are out of town, today announced the appointment of Jackson Hull as Chief Technology Officer to support the company's growth and to drive the next phase of development of its technology systems.
onefinestay is a pioneering innovation in upscale accommodation that redefines the experience of city travel. Guests live like a local in a distinctive private home while the owner is out of town, but with all the comforts and conveniences of a hotel, including 5* linens and towels, toiletries, and even an iPhone for the duration of their stay. Jackson joins the business at a critical point in its growth, with the company well established in London after starting here two years ago, and now rapidly scaling in New York, where it launched in May 2012.
As CTO, Jackson will be working alongside onefinestay co-founder Tim Davey, the company's head of product, to lead and build onefinestay's technology team. His challenge will be to assemble a pre-eminent technology and engineering organisation in London's Silicon Roundabout to emulate the proven model of leading Silicon Valley success stories such as Google and Facebook. Jackson will also be responsible for the development of the next iteration of the company's tech platform - including mobile devices and an extensible service architecture - to facilitate onefinestay's continued rapid international expansion.
Jackson brings 15 years of broad experience in Internet and mobile technologies. Most recently, he led the engineering and product teams at Kleiner Perkins-backed Plum District, a popular community and commerce platform for mums, headquartered in San Francisco. Previously, he was founding CTO at Chatterfly, a location-based mobile loyalty application, and prior to that was CTO at e-commerce platform Sitoa, also based in California. He holds degrees in Mechanical Engineering and Material Science from the University of California, Davis and a Masters in Information Systems from the University of California, Berkeley.
CEO and co-founder of onefinestay Greg Marsh said, "We're delighted to welcome Jackson and his family to London. This is a hugely strategic step for us. London can learn a lot from Silicon Valley, and Jackson's West Coast experience will be decisive in our future plans for expanding and improving our service."
Jackson Hull, CTO of onefinestay, said, "I'm excited to join the world-class team at onefinestay and help to build a leading technology brand. Their innovative business model requires technical agility and presents opportunities to push the technology envelope."
onefinestay redefines the experience of city travel: live like a local by staying in a distinctive home while the owner is out of town, with a service which offers all the convenience and comfort of a hotel. Homes range from an apartment in the clock tower of St Pancras or an inviting family home in North London, to a charming mews home in South Kensington. Guests enjoy luxury amenities like 5* hotel linens and toiletries and every guest is also lent an iPhone for the duration of their stay which is stocked with local tips from the home's owner, and from which they can make free local calls. Members benefit by earning an income from a house or flat which would otherwise stand vacant, without the risk or hassle associated with alternatives like holiday rental or short letting. Since its launch in 2010, onefinestay manages an exclusive portfolio of over $2bn of beautiful upscale homes in London and New York.
Press enquiries: +44(0)20-7097-8948 or [email protected]
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict