|By PR Newswire||
|December 12, 2012 01:00 PM EST||
BETHESDA, Md., Dec. 12, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- The Massachusetts Mutual Life Insurance Company (MassMutual) has announced George Kinigopoulos will lead the company's newly named MassMutual Greater Washington Agency in Bethesda, MD.
The agency was formerly known as The Washington Group.
Kinigopoulos, who recently took over the agency, changed the name to align better with MassMutual, a company that has served its policyholders since 1851.
"The MassMutual Greater Washington Agency is one of the Washington area's oldest insurance offices and I thought it more fitting to emphasize the long-term relationship we have with this strong mutual company and the value we will bring and have brought for over a century," said Kinigopoulos.
MassMutual Greater Washington has placed some $9 billion of life insurance in force protecting area families and business owners, according to MassMutual's 2011 Measures of Community Value report. That same year, $33 million in benefits were paid to policyholders.
Kinigopoulos, a 25-year veteran of the financial services industry, plans to broaden the agency's multicultural outreach this year and expand into the Korean market. In preparation for the outreach, Kinigopoulos has brought on 15 new sales professionals and will add 6 more before year end.
"Our expansion will continue in 2013 as we plan to recruit 25 more financial professionals," said Kinigopoulos.
Financial professionals at the Greater Washington Agency will continue to focus on helping federal government employees, small business owners and families, develop financial strategies to protect their loved ones and plan for a sustainable retirement, Kinigopoulos said.
A former manager with MetLife and MONY, Kinigopoulos is known for building productive career agencies and has a strong focus on developing strategic partnerships with CPA firms to help their clients grow and retain business.
"George's experience in building a client-centered agency is critical in this economy," said MassMutual Vice President Mike St. Clair. "We are pleased to welcome him to the MassMutual team."
Mr. Kinigopoulos has won the GAMA Platinum Award several times throughout his career and is a member of GAMA International and the National Association of Insurance and Financial Advisors (NAIFA). He holds his FINRA (www.finra.org) Series 7, Series 24 and Series 63 registrations and Life, Health and Variable Insurance Licenses.
Kinigopoulos, a graduate of the University of Maryland, is an avid golfer. He lives in Ellicott City with his wife Janice of 28 years, son Stephen, daughter Alexa and his loyal dogs Tyson and Oliver.
Founded in 1851, MassMutual is a leading mutual life insurance company that is run for the benefit of its members and participating policyholders. The company has a long history of financial strength and strong performance, and although dividends are not guaranteed, MassMutual has paid dividends to eligible participating policyholders consistently since the 1860s. With whole life insurance as its foundation, MassMutual provides products to help meet the financial needs of clients, such as life insurance, disability income insurance, long term care insurance, retirement/401(k) plan services, and annuities. In addition, the company's strong and growing network of financial professionals helps clients make good financial decisions for the long-term.
MassMutual Financial Group is a marketing name for Massachusetts Mutual Life Insurance Company (MassMutual) and its affiliated companies and sales representatives. MassMutual is headquartered in Springfield, Massachusetts and its major affiliates include: Babson Capital Management LLC; Baring Asset Management Limited; Cornerstone Real Estate Advisers LLC; The First Mercantile Trust Company; MassMutual International LLC; MML Investors Services, LLC, Member FINRA and SIPC; OppenheimerFunds, Inc.; and The MassMutual Trust Company, FSB.
Patty Norris Lubold
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict