|By Business Wire||
|December 12, 2012 10:05 AM EST||
In the new report “2013 Mobility Predictions: Time To Place Your Bets,” Yankee Group looks ahead to 2013 and sees smart players beginning to take calculated risks and position themselves for long-term success. Next year will mark the arrival of several trends that until now had been only anticipated. Yankee Group analysts recently expanded on the predictions in the accompanying webinar, “2013 Predictions: Mobility at a Crossroad.”
“As the year draws to a close, there are indications that the mobility dust is beginning to settle,” said Declan Lonergan, Yankee Group VP of research and co-author of the report. “Most regions (Europe is a notable exception) are showing signs of a firmer economic recovery. North America’s M&A frenzy seems to be played out for now, and virtually all players know the hand they’ve been dealt. Thus, we see 2013 as the year when they must leverage that knowledge and place their mobility bets for the long term.”
Yankee Group’s 2013 mobility predictions are:
1. Operators will lose U.S.$1 billion per month in voice/messaging
2. All mobile operators will be either digital lifestyle providers or value bit providers.
3. Small cells will stumble.
4. At least one operator will launch a turbo-boosting service.
5. Google will start subsidizing mobile payments credit/debit card transaction fees.
6. A cloud-based mobile payment system will see a significant data breach.
7. More than 50 percent of companies will look to the cloud for their mobile app deployments.
8. Microsoft’s Windows Store will abandon the 70-30 split and registration fees.
9. Android smartphone market share will decline in the U.S.
10. MVNOs will feel the squeeze as operators get serious about M2M.
About Yankee Group
Yankee Group is the preeminent research and advisory firm equipping companies to profit in a mobile world. The core of our content is proprietary research and analytics on the attitudes, behaviors and usage patterns of mobile users. We provide a range of actionable data, insights and advice to marketing, strategy and product executives driving the mobility revolution in leading companies worldwide. Visit www.yankeegroup.com.
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict