|By Business Wire||
|December 12, 2012 09:30 AM EST||
Sense Networks, the original Big Data mobile location company, today announced its predictions for mobile marketers in 2013. In 2012, Sense Networks transformed the landscape for mobile marketers with the release of Retail Retargeting™, the first geo retargeting solution for mobile advertising which allows retailers to identify mobile users who have been shopping at their store and retarget them with personalized ads when they are planning future purchases. Retail Retargeting also targets prospects that are frequently near a retailer’s location and that meet the retailer’s unique behavioral targeting priorities, helping retailers attract and convert new customers.
“This past year marketers began to realize the power of using location data combined with understanding consumer behavior and intent in order to reach the right consumers via mobile, with the best offer, at the optimal time in the shopper’s journey,” said David Petersen, CEO, Sense Networks. “Next year will be even more disruptive for marketers and the industry as a whole. We predict we’ll see major industry players putting a focus on mobile, and brands will finally realize the power of direct mobile communication. Sense Networks looks forward to being part of the innovation and change in 2013.”
Sense Networks 2013 Predictions Include:
1) Amazon and Google will catapult daily deals 2.0
Major online players like Google and Amazon will soon dethrone Groupon and LivingSocial, by leveraging their mobile payment capabilities. Advertisers will see greater ROI if consumers can use mobile to take advantage of a deal in just one or two mobile clicks--Amazon and Google can make that happen with their mobile payment capabilities.
2) Ad targeting will bridge the chasm between PC and mobile
This year we’re likely to see technology providers crack the code on how to translate PC user targeting data over to mobile. This capability will enable marketers to connect with their audience on whichever screen they are using, as well as get a more complete view of the consumer for sales attribution.
3) Brands will bypass retailers en mass and advertise directly
Instead of depending upon retailers to promote new products on store shelves, brands will embrace mobile ads in a big way in 2013. Rather than shying away from mobile, brands will embrace mobile as a way to deliver information and deals directly to consumers without the retailer “middleman.”
4) Yahoo! causes mobile acquisition domino effect
Mergers and acquisitions in mobile advertising will take center stage in 2013. We predict that Yahoo! will place a major emphasis on mobile. Start-ups and market leaders will be snatched up by years end as major players look to build up their mobile arsenal.
5) AdExchanges will dominate growth in impression supply
While mobile Ad Networks will still be the leading source of impression inventory in 2013, AdExchanges will emerge this year as marketers focus on quality over quantity. As marketers put a greater focus on targeted audience-focused, data-centric ad buying, they will increasingly work with specialized DSP partners who can skim impressions of interest to their customers.
To read more about Sense Network’s predictions visit our blog here.
About Sense Networks
Sense Networks is the original Big Data mobile location company. Sense is the leader in mobile location behavioral targeting using the most sophisticated location data processing platform available in mobile advertising. The company has a proven technology and over six years of experience working at scale with Big Data, processing billions of location points per day. Sense builds user-based profiles to allow brands to reach mobile audiences targeted on historical and real-time location, in addition to over 1,000 behavioral attributes. Our solution provides a 4x lift in CTR compared to typical context-targeting. Sense is also the first company to offer a mobile Retail Retargeting™ solution that reaches shoppers and prospects when they are planning their next shopping trip with relevant mobile ads. Sense was founded by top computer scientists from MIT and Columbia. For more information about Sense Networks visit us at http://www.sensenetworks.com/. Follow us on Twitter at @Sense_Networks.
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict