|By Business Wire||
|December 12, 2012 08:03 AM EST||
Bandwidth’s inetwork division, the leading choice for innovative and scalable voice, 9-1-1 and SMS solutions, today announced it selected Voxeet as the grand prize winner of the company’s Voice App Igniter Challenge, developed to discover the next disruptive voice and messaging application. As the Challenge winner, Voxeet will receive up to $600,000 in IP communications services from inetwork. Voxeet will use this investment to support its efforts to replace outdated, traditional audio conferencing solutions with its breakthrough Natural Conferencing app.
Voxeet (www.voxeet.com) has developed an affordable, business-quality teleconference service that delivers crystal-clear sound, simultaneous conversations and visual and audio cues to identify who is talking on a call. The company has boldly entered a competitive, crowded and mature market and offers one of the first comprehensive alternatives to teleconference giants such as GoToMeeting and WebEx.
“We have spent years on tireless research and development to create a web conferencing solution that is truly different from everything else on the market today. The awarded services from The Voice App Igniter Challenge speeds our time-to-market and validates all of our hard work,” said Stéphane Giraudie, CEO and founder, Voxeet. “Bandwidth’s inetwork will help propel us the next level and make Voxeet ubiquitous, while helping millions of people enjoy natural conversations – dramatically improving their collaboration experiences.”
The Voice App Igniter Challenge supports Voxeet's goal of becoming a ubiquitous, universal application. The IP communications services from Bandwidth's inetwork will help Voxeet extend its technology to support access from landlines and cell phones to completely replace old-style audio conferencing. This support propels Voxeet to another level, so that millions of people can enjoy natural conversations and dramatically improve their collaboration experience. Now anyone can call into a Voxeet conference call – even if they don’t have a Voxeet account. With Voxeet’s PC version already available, its Android and iPhone app being released today, and Voxeet’s Mac version in development, Voxeet is about to become a true cross-platform application.
“Since our founding, we have helped some of the biggest names in telecom, such as Skype, Google, Pinger and Marchex get their voice and messaging applications off the ground, but were still blown away by the high-caliber submissions we received,” said Steve Leonard, executive vice president and general manager of Bandwidth’s inetwork division. “With our awarded services, Voxeet will undoubtedly disrupt the web conferencing market and change the perception of virtual meetings.”
Participants in The Voice App Igniter Challenge submitted their groundbreaking ideas via a short video or written narrative explaining their new way to use a phone number. In addition, participants were asked to demonstrate how their solution would change the world if granted an ability to assign up to one-million phone numbers. Each submission was reviewed by an internal panel that took innovation and creativity into account, coupled with the enthusiasm within the community via “likes,” “shares” and comments.
To learn more about The Voice App Igniter and the talented startup organizations that participated, visit The Voice App Igniter Tumblr site. For feedback and live updates, follow @OTT_Voice on Twitter, #AppIgnite600.
inetwork, a division of Bandwidth, gives people the freedom to launch and scale innovative communication services requiring voice, 9-1-1, and SMS. Its purpose-built IP network, industry- leading web-based tools, custom open source development, and competitive pricing provide customers with an easier way to meet their communications needs. inetwork customers benefit from its flexible solutions, nimble operating environment, and responsive customer support. inetwork leverages its parent company’s interconnected footprint (one of the largest in the nation), 49 state CLEC status, and financial strength to meet customers’ voice origination and termination, toll free, SMS and 9-1-1 call routing needs, each with customizable deployment options, pricing models, and features. www.inetwork.com
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict