|By Business Wire||
|December 11, 2012 01:29 PM EST||
The New York Times (NYTimes.com) today relaunched its Android News app, which delivers the latest news and award-winning journalism of The New York Times, designed and formatted for optimal reading for all tablets and phones running Android.
The app features a refined interface that incorporates native Android styles familiar to users, such as more intuitive, responsive navigation and a compelling design and layout.
Like the previous version of the app, the new Android app features more than 25 sections of New York Times news, information and opinion, including videos, slide shows and blogs. It also features offline reading and a full set of share options for articles, videos and slide shows across social media and e-mail.
The Times is introducing text-to-speech functionality, which can read articles and blogs aloud using Google’s voice engine or another engine of choice.
An exclusive Android commenting feature allows users to view and add comments, as well as speak their comments using Android’s native speech-to-text functionality.
“We are steadfast in our efforts to deliver our esteemed journalism and multimedia to our readers on the platforms they use,” said Denise Warren, senior vice president and chief advertising officer, The New York Times Media Group and general manager, NYTimes.com. “That means we are constantly examining our products and looking for ways to improve their features and functionality. These updates allow readers to navigate, consume and share our wealth of content with ease, providing a seamless mobile user experience across any Android device they choose.”
The NYTimes app is available on Google Play. As with other New York Times news applications, the Top News section of the app is free. To access all sections of the app, a digital subscription is required. Details and pricing for these plans are available at www.NYTimes.com/Access.
About The New York Times Company
The New York Times Company (NYSE: NYT), a leading global, multimedia news and information company with 2011 revenues of $2.3 billion, includes The New York Times, the International Herald Tribune, The Boston Globe, NYTimes.com, BostonGlobe.com, Boston.com, About.com and related properties. The Company’s core purpose is to enhance society by creating, collecting and distributing high-quality news and information.
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict