|By PR Newswire||
|December 11, 2012 11:45 AM EST||
BEIJING, Dec. 11, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- According to the Mayans, 2012 is the end of the world. Thankfully, we have not seen doomsday yet. Instead, all kinds of changes seem to indicate that 2012 will be remembered for an evolution of humanity's history – the tide of "information-ization" represented by cloud computing is affecting our lives and the development of our whole society in an unprecedented way. New technologies such as cloud computing, big data, mobile Internet and wireless networks are coming together, breeding great changes in economic models, business models, lifestyle and the way humans learn and think.
From Silicon Valley to Beijing, this year's changes in the cloud-computing IT model are penetrating into numerous economic and social fields. From concept to application, from attempt to practice, the cloud has been brought down to earth. What we need to do now is to meet the brand-new future with a more open mindset and an infinite imagination. "Hello, Cloud!" is the theme of Cloud Valley World 2012 ("CVW 2012"), which is also our common call for the blending and interaction between rational thinkers and shackle-breaking doers. CVW 2012, co-sponsored by Cloud Valley and Beijing Economic-Technological Development Area ("BDA"), will be held at Pullman Beijing South Hotel on December 12, 2012. "Cloud ideas", "cloud products", "cloud capital", and "cloud talents" will get together, and the "explosion point" for China's cloud computing will be born here.
I. Bring Together A "Cloud Atlas" of Industry Chain Ideas
CVW 2012 is hosted by the China-cloud Network in cooperation with world-famous scientific and technological blogs GigaOM, Quantified Self, Apache and Itech Club. There are about 20 forums covering topics like cloud infrastructure, cloud life, cloud schema, cloud security, cloud in operators, radio and TV, enterprise platforms and all practical links of medical services, education, and energy industries. Derrick Harris, a Giga OM analyst and well-know technology journalist; Viktor Mayer-Schonberger, professor of Oxford University and authority spokesman of big data; Raymie Stata, former CTO of Yahoo! and founder & CEO of VertiCloud; Amy Gu, general manager of the greater China area of Evernote, and Dr. Zheng Liu, president of Asia Engineering Institute of Microsoft Asia-pacific Research Group will weave the "cloud valley world" together. Edward Tian, Chairman of China Broadband Capital; Steve Chang, founder of Trend Micro; Wenjing Wang, Chairman & CEO of Yonyou Software; Xiaoyu Tong, president of Unicom Institute of Unicom Group; Zhengqing Zhang, CEO of Asia-Linkage Inc.; Hongtao Bie, VP of Tencent TEG (Technology Engineering Business Group); Shiding Lin, Baidu cloud computing chief architect; Dr. Hongyu Yao, CEO of Yoyo Systems, and Yaruan Wang, 360buy CTO, will play a leading role in this two-city CVW to share their ideas on CVW 2012 as well as the changes and opportunities we get from cloud computing and big data, from the perspectives of technology, business and social progress, and present a grand feast of ideas for attendees.
II. "A Tale of Two Cities": Bringing Together Silicon Valley and Beijing
In the course of development from "'Made in China' to 'Created in China,'" cloud computing is driving a revolution in Beijing and Silicon Valley, just like how London and Paris were inevitably connected during the first Industrial Revolution through the era of innovation. According to data from the Beijing Municipal Commission of Economy and Information, the economic impact of the software industry may hit RMB400 billion in 2012, surpassing the software value of Ireland, and world-famous software city Bangalore. Employment in the software and information service industries of Beijing has already hit about 500,000 in the first half of 2012, which is more than that of Silicon Valley. Beijing Cloud Computing CEO Summit 2012 was held in Silicon Valley in June 2012. Beijing and Silicon Valley jointly built up "two cities in a cloud computing era" by bilateral dialogues, bilateral cooperation and exchange. The Cloud Valley World will be a continuation of the idea sharing, innovation assistance and capital cooperation of "A Tale of Two Cities" in order to jointly create a new information industry with complementary advantages and a circulation of ideas.
III. Bringing Together Manufactures, Customers, Upstream and Downstream
CVW 2012 will also create a platform for enterprise interactions as well as enterprise and customer interactions. Furthermore, the whole industrial chain layout and innovative products will be realized through live shows, product launches from cloud infrastructures, operating systems, open source platforms to a Cloud Valley at cloud terminals. Moreover, interactions of industry chain and real-time exchanges will be achieved through participation and sharing of application customers, partners and suppliers. Live shows and interactions will be provided for products and services including the next-generation data center created by Cloud Valley, the cloud base, super high performance cloud servers, the SkyForm cloud platform of Skycloud Technology, the big data platform of Beagle Data, cloud call centers, cloud desktops, cloud training, financial cloud, cloud information, and more.
IV. Bringing Together Funds, Governments and Entrepreneurs
In line with China's economic transformation and innovation-driven strategy, China Broadband Capital launched several industrial funds to finance the whole cloud industry chain. At CVW 2012, investment innovation funds for cloud computing and big data will also be released. Bridges for investors and entrepreneurs will be created by "cloud creation startups" sessions so that entrepreneurs in the cloud computing industry can meet and exchange information face-to-face with investors from famous institutions such as CBC, Sequoia Capital, Happy Fund (UFIDA), Sea Silver Capital and Cloud Angel Fund. "20 Big Products of Xiangyun Project" will be held on the site of the conference, and big data products and solutions will be displayed in the demonstration zone for enterprises and governments. The Economic and Information Commission of Beijing will conduct a detailed interpretation on policies on Beijing's cloud computing industry and release "cloud computing seminar", "white paper of Xiangyun Project", as well as new initiatives and industrial layout highlights.
V. Bringing Together Fresh Innovation and Cross-border Forces
There will be seminars such as "The Interaction of 'Two Cities' of Beijing and Silicon Valley", panel discussions on big data, quantified self, social network, and open source platform, etc., site show and sign sales of Big Data-related books, especially "Cloud Evening Discussion" and "Geek Sharing" Sessions, mysterious guests, cross-border representatives and a Geek elite party will be held so as to share and surge mental power, cloud trend of thoughts, cloud of future, new of economic forms, commercial mode and lifestyle. Thus, it is ensured that venture cloud or applied cloud industry attendees alike can enjoy a banquet of thoughts no matter which industry chain they are in.
As Edward Tian, president of CBC said, cloud is the opportunity to move from "made in China to created in China." For the future of cloud computing, "the greatest enemy is our imagination." Two years ago, cloud computing was a still-emerging technology trend in the field of IT , but now because of an outbreak of rapid changes in technology and business models, "cloud" has made its inroads into our lives. 2013 will be a year of cloud "explosion", and all aspects of cloud computing will gradually be accepted by customers. Therefore, we expect that the CVW 2012 will serve as a catalyst for cloud computing to provide a stage for thinkers, drive practitioners to go faster, motivate innovators, and trigger the cloud "explosion" to benefit the world.
SOURCE China-cloud Network
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict