|By Marketwired .||
|December 10, 2012 08:44 AM EST||
SUNNYVALE, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 12/10/12 -- NextPlane, Inc., (www.nextplane.net), the market leader in cloud-based federation services for unified communications (UC), now offers federation between UC platforms and public and enterprise social media services such as Twitter, Yammer, and Chatter. Now users on UC platforms can participate in social media feeds, and send private messages directly from their UC client.
The social networking revolution is presenting companies with a new collaboration challenge: how to connect their UC platform, which provides real-time and presence-based communications, with their enterprise social networking services, such as a Yammer, or Chatter.
To overcome this challenge NextPlane UC Exchange federates UC platforms and social media services without requiring plug-ins. UC Exchange UC to Social Media federation service allows end-users to easily authenticate to their enterprise or public social networking accounts from their UC clients to:
- Search for colleagues users and groups;
- Post messages to group discussions and trending topics; and
- Send private messages to one or more colleagues.
UC Exchange social media federation currently supports Microsoft Lync, OCS and LCS, Cisco Jabber XCP, Unified Presence Server (CUPS) and WebEx Messenger, IBM Sametime, Google Apps, Jive OpenFire, Isode M-Link and eJabberd.
"In today's fast paced business environment the lines between unified communication and enterprise social networks are getting blurred," said Farzin Shahidi, Founder and CEO of NextPlane. "Employees are expected to stay on top of several social media feeds, and chat with several people at the same time. With UC Exchange, leading edge organizations are enabling their end-users to keep in touch with their colleagues and contribute to group discussions on the corporate social network right from their UC clients."
Organizations can sign up for a free UC Exchange Directory Membership that includes free federation with Twitter and a one-month free trial of Yammer and Chatter federation. This membership also includes free federation with Google and a listing in the UC Exchange Members Directory, enabling other UC Exchange members to find and connect with them.
Organizations can also upgrade to a paid Community Membership to UC Exchange, which provides members with further benefits including UC to UC federation services, federation with enterprise social media services, Skype federation, and XMPP Group Chat Federation. Community Members can make federation requests to other UC Exchange members using NextPlane's unique federation management portal, plus benefit from guaranteed service levels and support.
NextPlane Inc., is the provider of 'UC Exchange,' a cloud based community focused federation service for unified communications (UC). UC Exchange enables member organizations to find, connect, and collaborate with business partners across a wide range of UC platforms and includes powerful features such as UC Federation Services, centralized Members Directory, Social Media Federation, and Skype Federation. Using a unique federation management portal, organizations can search a member's directory for federation-ready partners; manage federation requests and access reporting and analytic tools.
UC Exchange Federation Services enable seamless federation across Microsoft Lync, OCS and LCS, Cisco Jabber XCP, Unified Presence Server (CUPS) and WebEx Messenger (formerly Cisco WebEx Connect), IBM Sametime, Google Apps, Jive OpenFire, Isode M-Link and eJabberd. Organizations can connect users from different companies regardless of their underlying UC platform -- with enhanced presence, instant messaging, multi-user chat, voice and video -- all as if they are on the same UC platform. Moreover, UC Exchange enables its member organizations to federate their UC platforms with social business communities such as Yammer, Salesforce.com's Chatter, Twitter, Skype, LinkedIn, and XMPP hosted chat rooms.
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict