|By Bob Gourley||
|December 7, 2012 08:42 AM EST||
Here are the top mobile news and stories of the day.
- Apple and T-Mobile USA partner up to sell products in 2013 - iPhones and maybe iPads will be coming to T-Mobile in the new year. This is a huge gain for the carrier, because they don’t have much else going on. Without the iPhone 5, they only have top tier Android devices, leaving a huge segment of the market unsatisfied. Via 9to5Mac, more here.
- LG Blames “High Demand” For Shortage of Nexus 4, Doesn’t That Justify a “Duh?” - Apparently LG is stating that there is just high demand (not a ridiculously short supply) of the Nexus 4. Either Google or LG completely messed up with demand forecasting, but this press can become beneficial for both the device and the OS. Via Droid-Life, more here.
- Archos GamePad now shipping for £130: Android 4.1, 1.6GHz CPU and a bona fide D-pad - The Archos GamePad is one of those Android devices that really intrigues me. It will sell for around what the Nexus 7 does, but provide a far superior gaming experience. Archos has included a gamepad mapping tool to let you play any game with their physical controls. While I’d prefer something to just hook up to my Nexus 7, this is still pretty cool. Via Engadget, more here.
- Microsoft’s Android bashing campaign goes down in flames as #WindowsRage trends - It looks like Microsoft’s “#DroidRage” campaign has backfired on them. Windows 8 Mobile is not bad, per se, but it is not Android and does not yet have millions of loyal users. They have been underfire, and have brought even more scorn down on themselves. Via BetaNews, more here.
- Why Lumia 620 plus 920T equals big opportunity for Nokia - Nokia’s latest smartphones, the Lumia 620 + 920T might help them get back in the game. The 620 retails for only $249 (unsubsidized) while the 920T goes for $700. They will most likely drop to $0 and $199 on contract. The 620 is aimed at first time smartphone buyers (and might be great for those older folks in your life who are looking for smartphones), while the 920T is aimed directly at the Chinese market, and the first smartphone to support China Mobile’s 3G frequencies. With 700M subscribers on the network alone, Nokia could sell a lot of phones in China. Via GigaOM, more here.
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict