|By Business Wire||
|December 7, 2012 02:05 PM EST||
Samsung Telecommunications America, LLC (Samsung Mobile) – the No. 1 mobile phone provider in the United States and a subsidiary of Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd., the No. 1 smartphone provider worldwide1 – is giving Galaxy™ smartphone users in the United States an amazing new way to enjoy music on the go called Galaxy Muse™. Coupled with the Muse Sync Android™ app, Samsung is providing Galaxy S® III and Galaxy Note® II owners an innovative new way of syncing music that frees them from their PC2.
Galaxy Muse is a small, lightweight MP3 player that shares several physical features and design aesthetics with the latest Galaxy smartphones, including a rounded, natural design and matching Pebble Blue and Marble White color scheme. In addition, Galaxy Muse provides users up to six hours of play time, 4 GB of memory, and rich, spacious sound quality thanks to Samsung SoundAlive® optimized audio technology. With SoundAlive, users notice deeper bass and enhanced tone when listening to their favorite songs, as SoundAlive intelligently adjusts sound quality and clarity.
Users can get their music on the Galaxy Muse by simply downloading the Muse Sync app from the Google Play™ marketplace or Samsung Apps. After connecting Galaxy Muse to the Galaxy S III or Galaxy Note II via the included connector cable (USB to 3.5mm headset jack), users can sync the songs they want and leave their phone behind. Due to its wearable design and small form factor, users can take Muse along in place of their smartphone as a portable music player at the gym or on the go. Galaxy Muse also comes equipped with a durable, built-in clip for attaching the device to a shirt or pocket, so it’s wearable and offers the convenience of hands-free listening. Within this compact and clean design, Muse offers enough capacitive controls to become a user’s primary music player. Skip, shuffle, pause, or go back and listen to your favorite song again and again.
“The Galaxy Muse expands the Samsung Galaxy product portfolio to offer music on-the-go in a compact and lightweight player, with songs shared directly from our award-winning smartphones,” said Kevin Packingham, chief product officer at Samsung Mobile. “Muse is the latest example of Samsung delivering another outlet for content consumption across the entire spectrum of consumer electronics.”
Galaxy Muse is available in Pebble Blue and MarbleWhite for $59.99 at Samsung.com. The Samsung Muse Sync mobile application is available free from Samsung Apps and the Google Play marketplace. For more information on Galaxy Muse, go to http://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/cell-phones-accessories/YP-W1NAL/STA.
Galaxy Muse Technical Specifications
- Audio Codec: MP3, WMA, FLAC, OGG
- Dimensions: 1.7 x 1.25 x 0.5 inches
- Weight: 13.8g
- Play time: Up to 6 hours3
- Storage: 4 GB
- OS Requirements: Android™ 3.0 or higher
- Muse Sync App downloadable via Google Play and Samsung Apps
- Three switches: Mode (shuffle or continuous play), On/Off/SoundAlive, and Hold
- Front volume controls
- LED status indicator
1 Samsung Mobile is the No. 1 mobile phone provider in the United States based upon reported shipment data, according to Strategy Analytics, North America Handset Vendor Marketshare, Q3 2012. Samsung Electronics Company is the No. 1 smartphone provider worldwide based upon reported shipment data, according to Strategy Analytics Global Smartphone Vendor Market Share by Region: Q3 2012.
2 Galaxy Muse is compatible with the Galaxy S III, Galaxy Note II, Galaxy Note® and Galaxy S® II smartphones.
3 Play time will vary based on type of phone configured with and usage patterns. Formatted capacity may be less than what is indicated.
Samsung, Galaxy S, Galaxy Note, Muse and SoundAlive are trademarks of Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. Android is a trademark of Google Inc. Other company names, product names and marks mentioned herein are property of their respective owners and may be trademarks or registered trademarks.
About Samsung Telecommunications America
Samsung Telecommunications America, LLC, (Samsung Mobile) a Dallas-based subsidiary of Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd., researches, develops and markets wireless handsets, wireless infrastructure and other telecommunications products throughout North America. For more information, please visit www.samsung.com.
About Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. is a global leader in semiconductor, telecommunication, digital media and digital convergence technologies with 2011 consolidated sales of US$143.1 billion. Employing approximately 227,000 people in 203 offices across 75 countries, the company operates two separate organizations to coordinate its nine independent business units: Digital Media & Communications, comprising Visual Display, Mobile Communications, Telecommunication Systems, Digital Appliances, IT Solutions, and Digital Imaging; and Device Solutions, consisting of Memory, System LSI and LED. For more information, please visit www.samsung.com.
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict