|By Business Wire||
|December 6, 2012 01:03 PM EST||
The Maryland Motor Vehicle Administration (MVA) recently launched a new version of the Maryland Practice Driving Test for the Android platform, available at the Google Play Store. The MD Practice Driving Test debuted last year on the iOS (Apple) platform, in the iTunes Store as a free and convenient tool to prepare future drivers for the knowledge test required to obtain a Maryland driver license. Since its launch in September 2011, the app has been downloaded more than 100,000 times from the iTunes App Store.
Updates to the iPhone and iPad version are also available for download through the iTunes App Store. For those without access to mobile apps, an online version of the practice test can be accessed through the state’s official website, http://www.maryland.gov, search “practice test” or the MVA’s website at http://www.mva.maryland.gov.
“Driving is a lifelong learning process. We encourage drivers to use the driver test tutorial, which is focused on behaviors that can affect the safe operation of a motor vehicle. Many experienced drivers can benefit from a refresher as driving laws and recommendations are changed every year. We hope that the addition of the Android App will make it more convenient to engage not only new drivers, but experienced drivers,” said MVA Administrator John Kuo.
The MD Practice Driving Test app generates a random series of questions and allows users to repeat the test as often as they like. The app also integrates with social media channels and allows users to email their scores to their parents and friends or post on Facebook and Twitter.
“We are pleased that the Maryland Practice Driving Test has been favorably received by so many Maryland constituents,” said Maryland Department of Information Technology (DoIT) Secretary Elliot Schlanger. “By enhancing this already popular app with compatibility to additional mobile platforms, many more Marylanders will have the opportunity to test and refresh their driving knowledge.”
The MD Practice Driving Test apps were developed at no charge for the Maryland Motor Vehicle Administration by NIC Inc., through a self-funded eGovernment services contract with the State Department of Information Technology (DoIT).
NIC Inc (Nasdaq: EGOV) is the nation's leading provider of official state government portals, online services, and secure payment processing solutions. The company's innovative eGovernment services help reduce costs and increase efficiencies for government agencies, citizens, and businesses across the country. NIC provides eGovernment solutions for more than 3,500 federal, state, and local agencies in the United States. Additional information is available at http://www.egov.com.
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict