|By Marketwired .||
|December 5, 2012 05:33 PM EST||
SEATTLE, WA -- (Marketwire) -- 12/05/12 -- Rhapsody kicked off its mobile utility apps strategy today with the launch of Rhapsody SongMatch, a new free application that allows music listeners to discover music with one click. Rhapsody SongMatch uses your phone to listen to the song that is currently playing -- in the background, on the TV, in the car, café or wherever -- and identifies the artist, song name and album for music fans to match, store and share.
Free to download and use for anyone, Rhapsody subscribers can also listen and download full tracks of matched songs or dive deep into the album, artist catalog or discover similar artists. For convenience, all matched songs are automatically stored and saved as a playlist for future access. Non-subscribers can also start a hassle-free Rhapsody trial.
"Our customers are music lovers who tell us they use a variety of mobile apps to solve their listening needs and discover new music," said Paul Springer, senior vice president, worldwide product and design, Rhapsody. "But they get frustrated with advertisements and the lack of full playback. We built Rhapsody SongMatch to seamlessly integrate with our core experience to connect the fun and convenience of mobile apps with full on-demand playback for both subscribers and new customers."
The company is working on additional purpose-built music apps that are free and complementary to Rhapsody's premium on-demand music service.
"SongMatch is a great way to introduce new music fans to Rhapsody," said Springer. "We'll continue to focus on using over a decade's worth of experience to solve customer challenges in discovering and playing the right music, right now."
Rhapsody teamed with the metadata mavens at Gracenote to power the music recognition feature of SongMatch. The Gracenote technology works by "listening" to a few seconds of a song and matching it to its unique audio fingerprint in the Gracenote database. It takes only a few moments for the Gracenote technology to recognize the artist, track and album, letting Rhapsody subscribers to quickly add music to their library and playlists.
Rhapsody SongMatch is available on Android with other platforms launching in the future. It is available in the Google Play Android store or Amazon App Store. For more information, visit www.rhapsody.com/songmatch.
The Rhapsody® digital music service (www.rhapsody.com) gives subscribers unlimited on-demand access to more than 16 million songs, whether they're listening on a PC, laptop, Internet connected home stereo or TV, MP3 player or mobile phone. Rhapsody allows subscribers to access their music through mobile phones from Verizon Wireless and MetroPCS, through Rhapsody applications on the Apple iPhone, iPod touch and iPad, RIM BlackBerry, Windows Phone 7 and Android mobile platforms as well as through devices from Vizio, SanDisk, HP, Sonos and Philips. Rhapsody is headquartered in Seattle, with offices in Frankfurt, London, Luxemburg, New York and San Francisco. Rhapsody, and the Rhapsody logo are registered trademarks of Rhapsody International Inc. Follow @Rhapsody on Twitter and keep up with the latest on the Rhapsody Facebook page.
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict