|By PR Newswire||
|December 5, 2012 05:23 PM EST||
AUSTIN, Texas, Dec. 5, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Ordoro, a leading ecommerce application that helps merchants streamline their backoffice operations, is excited to announce that it is teaming up with Bigcommerce, the leading ecommerce platform for small and medium sized businesses (SMBs), to launch MakeShipHappen.com, an online resource dedicated to helping online retailers get up and running with dropshipping.
Dropshipping, a process in which a retailer passes customer orders on to a supplier partner, who then ships the order directly to the customer, has been growing in popularity as a way for retailers to sell goods without the cost of maintaining a physical inventory, or to complement existing inventories and extend their product offerings. Running a successful dropshipping operation, however, requires different processes from traditional ecommerce.
"If you are a good marketer, then dropshipping may be a great ecommerce model for you," said Jagath Narayan, CEO and co-founder of Ordoro. "Dropshipping is all about specialization of tasks. You, the merchant, can focus on marketing - attracting traffic to your webstore, and capturing the sale - and your suppliers can focus on managing inventory and fulfilling orders.
By combining Bigcommerce's excellent ecommerce platform, storefront design, search engine optimization, built-in marketing tools and fully customizable product listings with Ordoro's dropshipping, shipping and advanced inventory management capabilities, the two have created a powerful end-to-end dropshipping solution for online merchants.
In addition, Ordoro and Bigcommerce are launching MakeShipHappen.com, a website aimed at helping customers get up and running with dropshipping and navigating considerations that dropshipping brings up, such as setting equitable shipping rates. Through MakeShipHappen, Bigcommerce customers can also access a special Ordoro starter plan for just $9 per month.
"Dropshipping can be a complex concept that's difficult to understand, especially for people who are new to ecommerce," said Steven Power, chief revenue officer of Bigcommerce. "We are very excited to offer our 30,000 SMB clients the opportunity to educate themselves and easily implement dropshipping into their businesses with Ordoro."
In addition to dropshipping, Ordoro provides merchants with a comprehensive web-based app that streamlines many backoffice pain points, including batch shipping, label creation and printing, and inventory management between multiple online storefronts.
Visit MakeShipHappen.com to learn more about dropshipping and how the one-two of Bigcommerce and Ordoro can help online retailers extend their product offerings by dropshipping through supplier partners.
Ordoro is a leading ecommerce solutions provider that offers online retailers seamless management of the entire inventory process, from multi-channel inventory control and order management to shipping, supplier management and dropshipment routing. Online retailers who use Ordoro can typically get orders out the door in up to half the time. For more information, visit ordoro.com or contact us at 512.981.7309.
Bigcommerce is the leading e-commerce platform for SMBs, enabling them to easily launch professional online stores in hours, not weeks or months. Existing clients Gibson Guitar, Pandora Jewelers, Willie Nelson's Shop and others are using Bigcommerce's built-in e-commerce and marketing capabilities to sell more with less effort. Bigcommerce was founded in 2009 by two Aussies turned part-time Texans with a vision to build a scalable, powerful e-commerce platform for SMBs. For more information, visit http: http://www.bigcommerce.com.
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict