|By Marketwired .||
|December 5, 2012 02:30 PM EST||
ROCKVILLE, MD -- (Marketwire) -- 12/05/12 -- Salsa or ketchup? Tortillas or hot dog buns? The Latino culture has impacted U.S. grocery aisles to such an extent that it has redefined American cuisine, and its long-standing role in the food sector has expanded to become irrepressibly evident, according to "Hispanic Foods and Beverages in the U.S., 5th Edition," a just-released report from market research firm Packaged Facts.
Tortillas outsell many American staples, including spaghetti/macaroni/pasta, hamburgers and hot dog buns, all other fresh rolls/buns/croissants, and bagels/bialys. Salsa, for its part, has almost twice the sales of ketchup and more than twice the sales of mustard. Overall, the U.S. market for Hispanic foods and beverages exceeded $8 billion in 2012, an increase of 3% from the previous year and an increase of more than 8% from 2009. The market will embark on a more aggressive growth pattern from now through 2017. Packaged Facts projects that sales of Hispanic foods and beverages will approach $11 billion in 2017, up 31% from present levels.
Hispanic foods and beverages appeal to a wide variety of consumers, from Spanish-only speakers to multicultural consumers and foodies to, in fact, most households in America, according to David Sprinkle, research director of Packaged Facts. Aiding the appeal of the market is that there is no shortage of product innovation. Mainstream consumers are becoming more adventurous with less well-known Hispanic flavors and textures, thanks to the influence of Hispanics and the popularity of foodie culture. Marketers such as Ruiz Foods and Goya have noted this more sophisticated taste and are adjusting their product mixes accordingly.
Yet, as mainstream as Hispanic products have become, Hispanics are still key consumers. Almost 73% of people surveyed said they use Mexican food and ingredients, according to Packaged Facts analysis. For Hispanics, the usage rates jump to almost 84%. Considering the tremendous -- and burgeoning -- buying power of Latinos, this is a demographic that marketers cannot afford to ignore even while introducing products that appeal to a wider audience.
For more information, please visit www.marketresearch.com or http://www.packagedfacts.com/Hispanic-Foods-Beverages-7228662/
About Packaged Facts - Packaged Facts, a division of MarketResearch.com, publishes market intelligence on a wide range of consumer market topics, including consumer demographics and shopper insights, consumer financial products and services, consumer goods and retailing, consumer packaged goods (including foods and beverages, health and beauty care, and household products), and pet products and services. Packaged Facts also offers a full range of custom research services. To learn more, visit: www.packagedfacts.com. Follow us on Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn, and Twitter. Read fresh takes on research from Packaged Facts via our blog: http://packagedfacts.blogspot.com/
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict