|By PR Newswire||
|December 5, 2012 02:01 PM EST||
STOCKHOLM, December 5, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
The Nobel Lectures and Nobel Prize Award Ceremonies will be streamed live on Nobelprize.org, the official website of the Nobel Prize and the official channels on YouTube and Google +. On 7 and 8 December, the 2012 Nobel Laureates will explain their achievements and discoveries in their Nobel Lectures. On 10 December, they will take center stage at the Nobel Prize Award Ceremonies in Oslo and Stockholm to receive their Nobel Prizes. See the full schedule of the live webcasts: http://www.nobelprize.org/
During the Nobel Lectures, the Nobel Laureates explain their work leading to the Nobel Prize. This year's awarded achievements are fascinatingly diverse, ranging from the measurement and manipulation of individual quantum systems, the inner workings of G-protein-coupled receptors to the discovery that mature, specialised cells can be reprogrammed to become immature. Works covering the hallucinatory realism in writing, the advancement of peace and reconciliation, democracy and human rights in Europe and the stable allocations and practical design of market institutions have also been awarded.
The Nobel Peace Prize Award Ceremony from the Oslo City Hall honors this year's Peace Prize Laureates, the European Union. EU representatives Presidents Herman Van Rompuy, José Manuel Barroso and Martin Schulz will receive the 2012 Nobel Peace Prize medal and diploma and deliver the Nobel Lecture during the ceremony.
At the Nobel Prize Award Ceremony in the Stockholm Concert Hall, the Nobel Laureates in Physics, Chemistry, Physiology or Medicine, Literature and the Laureates in Economic Sciences will receive their Nobel Prize medal and diploma from His Majesty the King Carl XVI Gustaf of Sweden.
You can embed a live video player for the Nobel Lectures on your web site, blog or social networks. Get the code: http://www.nobelprize.org/press/nobelmedia/channels/widget/live.html
Test your knowledge about the 2012 Nobel Prizes by trying the quiz or embed the quiz on your own web site:
Join the discussions on Twitter with #NobelPrize and #NobelLectures.
About Nobelprize.org and Nobel Media AB
Nobelprize.org is managed by Nobel Media AB, the company responsible for developing media rights in connection with the Nobel Prize. Nobel Media aims to spread knowledge and interest in the Nobel Prize awarded achievements to a global audience, through digital and broadcast media, publishing and events.
Nobel Media®, Nobel Prize® and Nobelprize.org® are registered trademarks of the Nobel Foundation.
Disclaimer: Nobel Media AB is not directly or indirectly involved in the process of nominating or selecting Nobel Laureates. These procedures are strictly confidential and regulated by the Nobel Prize awarding institutions.
SOURCE Nobel Media AB
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict