|By PR Newswire||
|December 5, 2012 01:00 PM EST||
HOBOKEN, N.J., Dec. 5, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Tantor Media (www.Tantor.com), one of the nation's largest independent audiobook publishers, released its first non-fiction book in all three formats: print, e-book, and audio. The 12-year-old publisher – after releasing 2,700 audiobooks – launched its new print line with a combination of fiction and nonfiction. Its debut book is the attention-getting Sinatra and Me: The Very Good Years by Tony Consiglio, as told to Pulitzer Prize-nominee Franz Douskey.
Recently featured on Imus, and in the New York Post and Publishers Weekly, it shares dozens of never-before-published photos of Sinatra, Consiglio, and many bold-faced names. It's an inside account of the prime years of one of America's greatest icons in music, film, television and radio. It takes an up-close and personal look into the exciting world of a man who was adored by the American public but who fiercely valued privacy.
Though Ol' Blue Eyes died 14 years ago (he would have been 97 December 12), his influence on American culture resonates today. This book offers, for the first time, an account from someone so close to Sinatra.
Consiglio knew Sinatra when the struggling singer was in New Jersey in the 1930's, through his "Bobby-Soxer" mega-star days of the 1940's, during the lean years when "The Voice" was struggling with a crumbling singing and acting career in the early 1950's. Consiglio was there when Sinatra's star rose again, first winning an Academy Award for his role in From Here to Eternity in 1953 and recording several classic albums that returned Sinatra to the top of the charts in the late 1950's.
Readers will learn:
- What was myth and what was true about the man who sold over 150 million albums and won 11 Grammy Awards.
- Of Sinatra's relationship with Dean Martin, Sammy Davis, Jr. Marilyn Monroe, Joe DiMaggio, Ava Gardner, Lou Gehrig, Grace Kelly, Jerry Lewis, Bob Hope, and Bing Crosby.
- What really went on in the Kennedy White House.
- Why Tony thought mafia boss Sam Giancana helped elect JFK, that Sam was hired by the CIA to kill Fidel Castro, and that Sam wanted to get rid of Bobby Kennedy.
- Whether rumors about Sinatra scoring cocaine for JFK are true.
- Who Sinatra's real loves were.
SOURCE Tantor Media
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict