|By Marketwired .||
|December 5, 2012 10:57 AM EST||
TORONTO, ONTARIO -- (Marketwire) -- 12/05/12 -- (TSX:CGX) - Don't put those smartphones away just yet. TimePlay, a cutting-edge interactive cinema experience, has arrived at select Cineplex Entertainment theatres in Vancouver.
Before the movie starts, TimePlay allows movie-goers to use their smartphones to interact in real-time with the big screen. Guests can play games and participate in other on-screen challenges, with and against friends, family and other audience members. Movie-goers receive 50 SCENE points just for participating.
The 10 winners that make it onto the on-screen leaderboard receive a concession prize of a free large drink with a purchase of popcorn. To participate, guests should download the TimePlay app for Apple, Android or BlackBerry devices - before visiting the theatre.
"TimePlay has been a hit with our guests in Toronto-area theatres," said Pat Marshall, Vice President, Communications and Investor Relations, Cineplex Entertainment. "By marrying smartphones with interactive big screen advertising and gaming, we've created a unique way for advertisers to market their products and services in our theatres, and for guests to have some fun waiting for the movie to begin."
TimePlay's Vancouver debut coincides with the launch of a new game, sponsored by Koodo. During the game, players are invited to score points by throwing snowballs at El Tabador, Koodo's beloved animated character. All players receive the chance to enter to win a Samsung Galaxy S II X, with those in the top ten receiving two bonus entries.
"This partnership is a fun, interactive way to connect Koodo with a key demographic in Toronto and Vancouver," said Lise Doucet, Vice President, Marketing and Communications, Koodo Mobile. "We think movie-goers are going to love the experience. We just hope they take it easy on El Tabador."
"TimePlay's unique interactive technology links social media to mobile technology and creates an exciting entertainment experience," said Jon Hussman, CEO of TimePlay Entertainment. "We think it's an extraordinary way for advertisers and creative agencies to showcase creativity and target a specific audience."
In addition to 14 Toronto-area theatres, the six theatres opening in Vancouver include: SilverCity Coquitlam and VIP Cinemas, SilverCity Riverport Cinemas, SilverCity Metropolis Cinemas, Scotiabank Theatre Vancouver and Cineplex Odeon Strawberry Hill Cinemas. TimePlay will debut shortly at Colossus Langley Cinemas. Cineplex now offers TimePlay on 231 screens in 20 theatres.
Vancouver Launch Event:
At 5:00 p.m. on Thursday, December 6, 2012, Cineplex Entertainment will host an exclusive demonstration of TimePlay for accredited media in the Club Room at Scotiabank Theatre Vancouver. Following the demonstration, accredited media are invited to attend a 6:00 p.m. screening of the James Bond film, Skyfall. Don't miss the opportunity to control the big screen from your mobile phone.
TimePlay is a world leader in the multi-player interactive industry. Through its patented social mobile platform, thousands of people can participate in the same experience, in the same venue in real-time. TimePlay enables mobile devices and tablets to transform into game controllers that interact with content on secondary screens, between players or venues while providing a targeted portal for offer delivery, e-commerce and social networking. TimePlay provides a unique experience for consumers, advertisers and venues. TimePlay has offices in Los Angeles, London and Toronto. For more information, visit www.timeplay.com.
About Cineplex Entertainment:
Cineplex Inc. ("Cineplex") is one of Canada's leading entertainment companies and operates one of the most modern and fully digitized motion picture theatre circuits in the world. A top-tier Canadian brand, Cineplex operates numerous businesses including theatrical exhibition, food services, gaming, alternative programming (Front Row Centre Events), Cineplex Media, Cineplex Digital Solutions and the online sale of home entertainment content through CineplexStore.com and on apps embedded in various electronic devices. Cineplex is also a joint venture partner in SCENE - Canada's largest entertainment loyalty program.
Cineplex is headquartered in Toronto, Canada, and operates 133 theatres with 1,437 screens from British Columbia to Quebec, serving approximately 70 million guests annually through the following theatre brands: Cineplex Odeon, SilverCity, Galaxy Cinemas, Colossus, Coliseum, Scotiabank Theatres, Cineplex VIP Cinemas, Famous Players and Cinema City. Cineplex also owns and operates the UltraAVX, Poptopia, and Outtakes brands. Cineplex trades on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol CGX. More information is available at cineplex.com.
Koodo Mobile is the smart and affordable Canadian mobile alternative. Launched in 2008, Koodo led a mobility revolution across Canada, with a simple and transparent approach to cellular service including plans that are easy to understand and affordable. Koodo also introduced the world to the revolutionary Tab. Often imitated but never duplicated, the Tab is an alternative to fixed-term contracts that allows customers to put up to $150 of a phone's price on their Tab. Ten per cent of each monthly bill is then credited to the Tab, and existing customers who have paid off their Tab may be eligible to receive any Koodo phone at no additional cost.
In another industry-leading move, Koodo has given long distance the boot with their Canada-wide plans. No more long distance and roaming charges for calls to and from anywhere in Canada. With Koodo, data automatically adjusts to customer's monthly usage which means customers only pay for the data they use.
This innovative approach to affordable mobility has helped Koodo win multiple awards, including being named the 2010 Strategy Brand of the Year - the youngest brand to win this title - and having the 2010 Koodo Sugar Streak campaign be the first ever Canadian campaign selected for Google's 2010 Annual Global Creative Canvas. Most recently Koodo was ranked highest in customer satisfaction among stand alone cell phone carriers in the J.D Power and Associates 2012 Canadian Wireless Total Ownership Experience Study(TM) and was also named Canada's number one most recommended mobile phone company.
Check out Koodo at www.koodomobile.com.
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict