|By Business Wire||
|December 5, 2012 08:04 AM EST||
Keynote® Systems (Nasdaq: KEYN), the global leader in mobile and web cloud testing and monitoring, announces the latest version of Keynote’s DeviceAnywhere® for QuickTest Professional (QTP), expanding the testing capabilities of HP QTP to include real mobile device testing. DeviceAnywhere for QTP™ is an integrated testing solution for enterprises to efficiently leverage existing toolsets (HP QTP) and experience to reach new markets with automated mobile testing.
The industry currently lacks flexible easy-to-use testing solutions that efficiently leverages existing resources, costing organizations additional time and money. DeviceAnywhere for QTP is a comprehensive and robust product that seamlessly extends HP’s application lifecycle management (ALM) process for testing desktop applications to testing mobile applications and websites on real mobile devices. DeviceAnywhere for QTP allows users to utilize existing QTP skills to build reusable mobile testing assets to create and run manual and automated tests on real devices connected from anywhere in the world.
“As enterprises expand to integrate mobile development, learning new scripting languages for testing puts additional pressure on the limited time, energy and resources for QA engineers,” said Vik Chaudhary, vice president of product management and corporate development at Keynote. “DeviceAnywhere for QTP allows an organization to effortlessly extend their PC-based testing to real mobile devices. Users can immediately begin creating tests for mobile the same way they do in their existing QTP environment, in addition to getting accurate testing from live, mobile devices. DeviceAnywhere for QTP provides an easily integrated automation framework so projects that take manual testers days to accomplish can be achieved in merely a few hours.”
The integration of DeviceAnywhere and HP Unified Functional Testing software makes DeviceAnywhere functions available within the HP QTP interface. This capability enables users to control, interact with, and extract screenshots from mobile devices in the DeviceAnywhere test environment during automated test runs. DeviceAnywhere test results can be tracked and stored within QTP and QC for reference. This allows users familiar with QTP to use DeviceAnywhere functions to leverage automated mobile testing assets previously created in DeviceAnywhere, or to build them from scratch, relieving users from the time and effort of learning a new scripting language.
DeviceAnywhere for QTP Benefits:
- Point and click recording enables easy scripting, so that any QTP user can simply write, record and run scripts on real devices, from within QTP
- Leverage DeviceAnywhere Test Center Enterprise Automation features - including object–level scripting (for HTML5 applications) and advanced text/UI-based checkpoint capabilities
- Easily create and maintain scripts in QTP - Creates QTP objects that are editable in the DeviceAnywhere for QTP add-in
- Real device mobile testing - Access the leading real device testing platform enabling remote access to devices without jail breaking the device or use of device agents
- Rich project management capabilities – Enterprises wishing to manage their mobile testing projects in QC can do so with full control and 100% compatibility to normal QC operations
The latest enhancements of HP QTP come included with the purchase of Keynote’s DeviceAnywhere Test Center Enterprise (TCE) Automation solution. DeviceAnywhere for QTP is currently only available for beta customers with general availability in early 2013. Additional information about “DeviceAnywhere for QTP” is available here.
Keynote will be showcasing its new integration of DeviceAnywhere for QTP at the HP Discover Conference in Frankfurt, Germany from December 4-6, 2012, booth #717.
About Keynote Systems
Keynote® Systems, Inc., (NASDAQ:KEYN) is the global leader in Internet and mobile cloud testing & monitoring. Keynote maintains the world’s largest on-demand performance monitoring and testing infrastructure for Web and mobile sites comprised of over 7,000 measurement computers and mobile devices in over 275 locations around the world that enable companies to continuously improve the online and mobile experience. Known as ‘The Mobile and Internet Performance Authority™,’ Keynote offers three market-leading product platforms:
Keynote Perspective® provides on-demand performance monitoring for enterprise web and mobile sites including online portals, e-commerce sites and B2B sites. Over 2,000 customers rely on Keynote Perspective services to know precisely how their websites, content, and applications perform on actual browsers, networks, and mobile devices.
Keynote DeviceAnywhere® provides the industry's only true cloud-based platform for testing and monitoring the functionality, usability, performance and availability of mobile applications and websites. It's suite of mobile testing solutions is used by over 1,000 mobile developers and enterprises to deliver quality mobile applications and services to the mobile channel.
Keynote SIGOS® offers active end-to-end Quality of Service (QoS) testing and monitoring solutions for mobile, fixed and VoIP communications. Its SITE and Global Roamer products are used by over 200 network operators, content providers, carriers and regulators in over 100 countries worldwide.
Keynote's 4,000 customers represent top Internet and mobile companies and include American Express, AT&T, Disney, eBay, E*TRADE, Expedia, Google, Microsoft, SonyEricsson, T-Mobile and Vodafone. Keynote Systems is headquartered in San Mateo, California and can be reached at http://www.keynote.com/ or by phone in the U.S. at 1-800-KEYNOTE.
Keynote®, DataPulse®, CustomerScope®, Keynote CE Rankings®, Keynote Customer Experience Rankings®, Perspective®, Keynote Red Alert®, Keynote Traffic Perspective®, Keynote WebEffective®, The Internet Performance Authority®, MyKeynote®, SIGOS®, SITE®, DeviceAnywhere®, The Mobile & Internet Performance Authority™, DeviceAnywhere for QTP™ and Keynote FlexUse™ are trademarks or registered trademarks of Keynote Systems, Inc. in the United States and/or other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. © 2012 Keynote Systems, Inc.
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict