|By PR Newswire||
|December 5, 2012 08:01 AM EST||
MONTREAL, Dec. 5, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Wajam (www.wajam.com), a leader in social search technology, announced today it has been selected as a winner of Red Herring's Top 100 Global award, a prestigious list honoring the year's most promising and far reaching private technology companies and entrepreneurs from across the globe.
The Red Herring editorial team selected the most innovative companies among a pool of more than 1,000 companies from over 40 nations. These companies, representing Red Herring Asia, Europe and North America awards, are judged on a range of qualitative and quantitative metrics, including but not limited to, technology innovation, financial performance, growth criterion, management's execution standards, potential globalization of the strategy and market share improvement.
"Choosing the companies with the strongest potential was by no means a small feat," said Alex Vieux, publisher and CEO of Red Herring. "After rigorous contemplation and discussion, we narrowed our list down from hundreds of candidates from across Global to the Top 100 Winners. We believe Wajam embodies the vision, drive and innovation that define a successful entrepreneurial venture. Wajam should be proud of its accomplishment, as the competition was the strongest it has ever been."
"We are so grateful and honored to be selected a Red Herring Top 100 Global Winner," said Wajam founder Martin-Luc Archambault. "This recognition concludes a very successful 2012 for Wajam. Our team has been recognized by the International Stevies Awards, Deloitte Technology's Fast 50 Awards, the CIX Top 20 Awards, the C2MTL Emerging Entrepreneurs Award and the Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year Award. Our focus now is to continue to provide the easiest and most compelling social search experience that allows users to seamlessly sprinkle in results from friends on demand while searching on any site. We have some really cool things planned for 2013!"
About Wajam – Great Minds Search Alike – www.wajam.com
Wajam (www.wajam.com) is a social search engine that gives you access to the knowledge of your friends when you need it. The Wajam Social Search Everywhere Plugin makes searching the web more personal by adding results from friends to standard searches on Google, Bing or Yahoo! It elevates search relevance by featuring your friends' likes and reviews for products, places, links, photos and videos within your regular search habits, even in places like Amazon, Yelp, Trip Advisor, YouTube and Ebay. The Wajam Search site gives users the ability to search their network of trusted friends and followers across multiple social networks all in one place.
Wajam is an International Stevies Award Silver Winner for Most Innovative Company in the U.S. and Canada as well as Best Social App and Press Page; a Red Herring Americas Top 100 Winner and Global 100 Winner, one of the CIX Top 20 Elite Companies, and recipient of the C2MTL Emerging Entrepreneurs Award, Deloitte's Technology Fast 50 Jury's Favorite Award and Ernst & Young's 2012 Emerging Entrepreneur of the Year Award. Wajam received the highest security certifications from TRUSTe, McAfee and Norton, and is committed to protecting privacy and keeping user info safe. Wajam launched in private beta in January 2011 and was founded by Martin-Luc Archambault, who was previously CEO of Zango Canada. Wajam is privately held and funded by Bolidea. Visit us on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/wajam or Twitter at https://twitter.com/wajam. Please refer also to our award-winning Press Page or visit our Blog.
Contact: John Sperrazzo, Eye-To-Eye Communications, Inc.
858.361.4495, [email protected]
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict