|By Business Wire||
|December 5, 2012 05:00 AM EST||
MDC Indústria de Contêineres Inteligentes Ltda. announced today the launching of the first prototypes of the P³ - Plug & Play POP product family, a low cost, energy efficient, connectivity oriented Micro Data Centers installed in a 20,10 & 8 foot steel containers. The units were designed to expedite, simplify and reduce the costs of deployment & maintenance of POPs (Points of Presence) in small to mid-size cities and/or remote communities.
The Plug & Play POPs are units that were designed for government organizations, Operators, ISPs and special interest conglomerates that sort to implement IT and Internet projects in rural cities, and/or to connect them via Intranet in a rapid and reliable manner. These environmental friendly units are built to sustain harsh outdoor conditions, and designed to operate continuously for extremely long periods in wake of frequent power failures and/or oscillating electricity
Each unit provides IT collocation space in standard 19” racks. This hosting environment is protected by state-of-the-art support sub-systems including: power & power backup, grounding & surge protection, cooling & insulation, climate monitoring & control, security and fire & flood detection, to name a few. In addition the P³ - Plug & Play POPs can be delivered as a turn-key IT solution with all the connectivity and computing platforms already installed: routers, switches, load-balancing, firewalls, cache, virtualization, hosting and hosting servers, etc.
“The Plug & Play POPs act as islands of technological stability in a rough ocean of shifting climatic and electric grid conditions. They enable the essential reliable connectivity between remote cities and the Cloud,” said Yoram Yaeli CEO of MDC Indústria de Contêineres Inteligentes Ltda.. “We have successfully completed the development of our 20 foot MDC (Micro Data Center) and 8 foot PDC (Pico Data Center), the development of the 10 foot NDC (Nano Data Center) is on its way, and upon the NDC launch we will have completed the “roll out”: of the Company’s P³ product line”.
MDCs, NDCs & PDCs are autonomous units that were engineered to be remotely operated and controlled by client’s IT Network team. The advanced on-board control computer HAL2D2 is based on the company's proprietary technology and is an integral part of each unit. HAL2D2 communicates with a remote control platform - iMAMS (Integrated Monitoring & Maintenance System). The iMAMS software is a complete scalable NOC solution, capable to operate “fleets” of tens, hundreds, end even thousands of MDCs.
The Company has received its first order of 23 units from Ozônio Telecomunicações Ltda., Ozônio plans to use the MDCs to provide Internet backbone access to 23 cities in the Amazon region utilizing the satellite constellation of O3b Networks Limited. The Plug & Play POPs will extend local distribution to high volume customers, including government agencies, cellular operators, electrical companies, oil and gas companies, universities, ports and local ISPs. The MDCs will also incorporate bandwidth optimization platforms and deliver local IT Value Added Services (Local Cloud Hosting, Email server, Firewalls etc.).
About MDC Indústria de Containers Inteligentes Ltda.
MDC Indústria de Contêineres Inteligentes Ltda. is a Brazilian manufacturer located in the industrial park in the Trade-Free-Zone of the city of Manaus, Amazonas. With investment and operational support of the Brazilian system integrator IIN Tecnologias Ltda. the company developed the “P³ - Plug & Play POP” product line. The Plug & Play POPs are low cost, energy efficient, connectivity oriented Micro Data Centers installed in a 20, 10 & 8 foot steel containers. The company’s products are designed to expedite, simplify and reduce the costs of deployment & maintenance of POPs (Points of Presence) in small to mid-size cities and/or remote communities. The P³ units can also serve the needs of government organizations, and special interest conglomerates that sort to implement IT and Internet projects in rural cities, and/or to connect them via Intranet in a rapid and reliable manner
About Ozônio Telecomunicações Ltda.
Ozônio Telecomunicações Ltda. is a Brazilian multimedia communications service provider holding a nationwide license since 2008. The company specializes in delivering data and voice turn-key solutions in regions that are not connected to the nation’s Fiber-Optic network and depend on satellite communication. Ozônio is based in Manaus Amazonas and is owned 60% by IIN Tecnologias Ltda. operating in Brazil since 1999 and 40% by Ozônio Telecom Inc. (a Delaware corporation) that consolidates the interests of its foreign investors.
About O3b Networks Limited.
O3b Networks is building a new fiber-quality, satellite-based, global Internet backbone for telecommunications operators (telcos) and Internet service providers (ISP’s) in emerging markets. The O3b Networks system will combine global reach and the speed of a fiber-optic network. With investments and operational support from SES, Google Inc. Liberty Global, Inc. HSBC Principal Investments, Northbridge Venture Partners and Allen & Company, the O3b system will provide telcos and ISPs with a low-cost, high-speed alternative to connect their 3G, WiMAX and fixed-line networks to the rest of the world. This will allow billions of consumers and businesses in more than 150 countries to benefit from high-speed Internet connectivity for educational, medical and commercial applications. O3b Networks is headquartered in St. John, Jersey, Channel Islands.
This press release is for informational purposes only and is not an offer of securities for sale in the United States. Securities may not be offered or sold in the United States absent registration or an exemption from registration. Any public offering of securities to be made in the United States will be made by means of a prospectus that may be obtained from the issuer and that will contain detailed information about the issuer and management, as well as financial statements. The company does not intend to register any part of the present offering in the United States.
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict