|By Bob Gourley||
|December 4, 2012 10:04 AM EST||
Here are the top mobile news and stories of the day.
- Android Distribution Numbers Updated for December – Same Gingerbread Story, Just Another Month - The most recent Android Developers numbers show just over 33% of all Android devices at the 4.x level of operating system. 10% are still on Froyo (2.2.x) and over 50 still on Gingerbread (2.3.x). This would be similar to the same number of iPhones on iOS 4 or 5 (which they are most certainly not). As Android continues to get better, only the top percentage is receiving the benefits of these updates. Via Droid-Life, more here.
- Apple opens iTunes Music Store in 56 new countries, four get movies too - As Apple’s iTunes gets larger, it can greatly increase Apple’s revenues. As iDevices are available in more and more countries, it will be interesting to see how Apple changes pricing schemes. Via Engadget, more here.
- Fresh rumors from Korea confirms new devices! - SamMobile has been tipped off to some new rumors. They include the Galaxy S4, which would have a 1080p 5.0″ screen. They might create a basic, Note II, and a 13.3″ tablet with QWERTY dock. Via SamMobile, more here.
- ComScore: As ‘dumbphones’ fade away, Apple is now the #2 phone manufacturer in the US - In the past quarter, Apple has taken over as the #2 phone manufacturer. This is indicative of more users ditching ‘dumbphones’ for smartphones. Samsung is still #1 with over 25% of total sales. Apple is now up to 17.8%. Via 9to5Mac, more here.
- Nokia Siemens Networks sells off its optical business, swings focus to LTE – Nokia Siemens Networks is selling all of its fiber business to Marlin Equity Partners. NSN is moving to focus on LTE networks instead. Via Engadget, more here.
- Gmail improves for recent Android devices; old versions need not apply - Gmail has been updated for Android 4.x. The biggest improvement is pinch-to-zoom on any device. This feature is excellent, yet the OS is just getting more and more fragmented. Via GigaOM, more here.
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict