|By Business Wire||
|December 4, 2012 05:00 PM EST||
AVG Technologies N.V. (NYSE: AVG), the provider of Internet and mobile security to 143 million active users, today announced the appointment of Martin Wheatcroft as Senior Vice President, Finance and Group Financial Controller, reporting to John Little, Chief Financial Officer, effective immediately. Based out of AVG’s corporate office in Amsterdam, Mr. Wheatcroft will manage the company’s global financial operations.
“With his more than twenty years of international experience working in finance, both public and private companies, Martin Wheatcroft brings to AVG extensive global management, diverse industry experience and a strong understanding of markets and business and financial dynamics,” said John Little, AVG’s CFO. “As a highly talented financial leader, Martin will be a strong addition to our business as we continue to expand into new markets.”
Wheatcroft joins AVG from National Grid plc, a £25 billion market cap UK and US based electricity and gas utility with listings in both London and New York. Until recently he lead the accounting function for the $12 billion US business, including regulated electric and gas utilities in New York City, Long Island, upstate New York, Rhode Island, Massachusetts and New Hampshire.
“I am looking forward to working with such a rapidly growing business in such a dynamic industry as it continues to grow from strength to strength. As the business carries on expanding into different segments and geographies, there are ambitious commercial and financial goals that need to be met,” said Wheatcroft.
This press release contains forward-looking statements within the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Words such as “expects,” “outlook”, “expectation,” “intends,” “assumes,” “believes” and “estimates,” variations of such words and similar expressions are also intended to identify forward-looking statements. These forward-looking statements involve risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from those contemplated herein. Factors that could cause or contribute to such differences include but are not limited to: changes in the company’s growth strategies; changes in the company’s future prospects, business development, results of operations and financial condition; changes to the online and computer threat environment and the endpoint security industry; competition from local and international companies, new entrants in the market and changes to the competitive landscape; the adoption of new, or changes to existing, laws and regulations; flaws in the assumptions underlying the calculation of the number of the company’s active users; the termination of or changes to the company’s relationships with its partners, including Google, and other third parties; changes in the company’s and its partners’ responses to privacy concerns; the ability of the company to successfully diversify its portfolio of search partners; the company’s plans to launch new products and online services and monetize its full user base; the company’s ability to attract and retain active and subscription users; the company’s ability to retain key personnel and attract new talent; the company’s ability to adequately protect its intellectual property; flaws in the company’s internal controls or IT systems; the company’s geographic expansion plans; the anticipated costs and benefits of the company’s acquisitions; the outcome of ongoing or any future litigation or arbitration, including litigation or arbitration relating to intellectual property rights; the company’s legal and regulatory compliance efforts; and worldwide economic conditions and their impact on demand for the company’s products and services. Given these risks and uncertainties, you should not place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements.
Further information on these factors and other risks that may affect the company’s business is included in filings AVG makes with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) from time to time, including its Annual Report on Form 20-F, particularly under the heading “Risk Factors”. These documents are available online from the SEC or in the Investor Relations section of our website at http://investors.avg.com. Information on our website is not part of this release. All forward-looking statements in this press release are based on information currently available to us, and we assume no obligation to update these forward-looking statements in light of new information or future events.
About AVG Technologies (NYSE: AVG)
AVG's mission is to simplify, optimize and secure the Internet
experience, providing peace of mind to a connected world. AVG's powerful
yet easy-to-use software and online services put users in control of
their Internet experience. By choosing AVG's software and services,
users become part of a trusted global community that benefits from
inherent network effects, mutual protection and support. AVG has grown
its user base to 143 million active users as of September 30, 2012 and
offers a product portfolio that targets the consumer and small business
markets and includes Internet security, PC performance optimization,
online backup, mobile security, identity protection and family safety
Keep in touch with AVG
- For breaking news, follow AVG on Twitter at www.twitter.com/officialAVGnews
- For small business security trends analysis, follow the AVG small business blog at small-business.blog.avg.com
- Join our Facebook community at www.facebook.com/AVGfree
- Join our LinkedIn community www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=2719797
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict