|By PR Newswire||
|December 4, 2012 03:40 PM EST||
RICHMOND, Va., Dec. 4, 2012 /PRNewswire-iReach/ -- Risk Based Security, Inc. today announced that it has appointed Carsten Eiram as Chief Research Officer (CRO). The appointment of Mr. Eiram, a leading vulnerability researcher and reverse engineer, signals a strategic focus on software vulnerability research to drive new product development and improvements in existing solutions.
As CRO, Mr. Eiram will play a leading role in enhancing the quality of Risk Based Security's solutions and promoting Risk Based Security in the security community by contributing to national and international research discussions and vulnerability analysis.
Eiram said, "I am very excited about joining Risk Based Security as they continue to build upon the existing credibility and strength of the OSVDB by adding in-depth vulnerability research. I look forward to working with the Company's visionary management team to bring innovative products, research content, and "outside the box" thinking when conducting vulnerability research and creating/enhancing new security concepts, products and services."
Most recently, Eiram was responsible for managing the Research team at Secunia as well as the core advisories service. Eiram also performed in-depth technical analysis of critical vulnerabilities in closed-source and open-source software and has discovered critical vulnerabilities in high-profile products from major software vendors including Microsoft, Adobe, Apple, Symantec, IBM, Google, Novell, and Trend Micro.
Risk Based Security's CEO, Barry Kouns said, "Carsten is a world-renowned technology leader in vulnerability research and reverse engineering and I look forward to working with him to enhance Risk Based Security's product offerings and further contributing to the security community."
Eiram is a member of the CVE Editorial Board, has presented at various conferences including RSA and Defcon, is a regular contributor to SC Magazine's "Threat of the Month" column, and has lately performed extensive analysis into the effectiveness of Microsoft's SDL (Security Development Lifecycle) for Microsoft Office.
"Risk Based Security's products will continue to enhance our clients' ability to defend against threats while we contribute to the community at large. There is plenty to do and I can't wait to get started", Eiram said.
About Risk Based Security, Inc.
Risk Based Security equips organizations with vulnerability intelligence, data breach analytics, risk management services, ISO/IEC 27001:2005 consulting, and on-demand security solutions to establish customized risk-based programs to address information security and compliance challenges.
For more information, please visit http://www.riskbasedsecurity.com/ or call 855-RBS-RISK.
Press release submitted by online press release distribution service Submitpressrelease123.com
SOURCE Risk Based Security
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict