|By PR Newswire||
|December 4, 2012 03:17 PM EST||
ENCINO, Calif., Dec. 4, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- KidneyDiet® announces that beginning today a percentage of all sales will be donated to help children with kidney disease be able to enjoy a weekend at camp. Pain Free Living, Inc., in supporting The Lopez Foundation's Kidney & Transplant Camps, will allocate a percentage of all sales for one month of its app to help patients with renal disease follow a better diet, tailored for those watching their intake of phosphorus, potassium, protein, sodium, and fluids. The camp provides children with kidney disease and their families with an empowering, renewing experience completely free of charge. "Every purchase of KidneyDiet® (yeah, there's an app for that) will help give these children the gift of a lifetime – a gift of laughter, fun, and personal growth that they may otherwise not experience," said George Lopez, entertainer and founder of the Lopez Foundation. The Kidney and Transplant Camp which The Lopez Foundation supports, seeks to reach beyond illness, to inspire children with serious medical conditions to become their greater selves and their mission is to provide a life-changing environment for these children and their families– one that allows children to participate in an authentic camp experience by supporting their medical needs and offers their families care, education, and respite.
"I would have loved to have an app to help me figure out what I should and shouldn't eat when my kidneys were failing," said Lopez. "KidneyDiet® is a great tool that makes it easy for patients and their families to understand what's safe or dangerous to eat." Pain Free Living, Inc. produced KidneyDiet® with patients in mind. "We want those with chronic kidney disease to get back to enjoying life by eating properly for their condition," said Lynne Sanditen, founder of KidneyDiet®. If patients understand how to stay away from phosphorus, potassium, or sodium, they empower themselves to eat foods that won't increase the deterioration of their kidneys. If dialysis has begun and they need to increase protein in their diets or limit fluids, the app helps track that information, too. The most beneficial part of the app comes when patients modify the guidelines to reflect what their doctor and dietician advise. Then the app is tailored for their specific situation.
Pain Free Living, Inc. creates health related applications for mobile devices. Its premier app, KidneyDiet® has received accolades and been featured by Yahoo! Health Ten Best Health Apps, AppCraver, American Association of Kidney Patients Renalife, and Renal Business Today. For more details, please visit www.KidneyDiet.com.
About The Lopez Foundation
The Lopez Foundation's mission is to create positive, permanent change for underprivileged children, adults and military families confronting challenges in education and health, as well as increasing community awareness about kidney disease and organ donation. For more info, please visit www.thelopezfoundation.org.
SOURCE Pain Free Living, Inc.
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict