|By Marketwired .||
|December 4, 2012 02:30 PM EST||
LOS ALTOS, CA--(Marketwire - December 04, 2012) - GENWI (http://genwi.com), the cloud publishing leader that helps publishers to easily deliver their content to all mobile devices, today announced that it has won the prestigious Red Herring Global Top 100 Award. Selected from more than a thousand of the leading private companies from North America, Europe, and Asia, Red Herring has recognized GENWI as an innovator in the mobile category.
Red Herring's Top 100 Global list has become a mark of distinction for identifying promising new companies and entrepreneurs. Previous winners include Facebook, Twitter, Google, Yahoo, Skype, Salesforce.com, YouTube, and eBay.
As the first cloud publishing solution, the GENWI mobile Content Management System (mCMS) decouples the content from design in the cloud, and helps publishers to create live content and highly engaging native and HTML5 apps.
With GENWI's mCMS, publishers can:
- Repurpose and aggregate content from existing systems alongside the ability to add content locally, and curate it
- Design with complete creative freedom
- Revise the app content and design in real time without forcing readers to update the app
- Create once and publish to multiple devices
"The publishing industry is going through a massive transformation. Publishers are on the hunt for a new and innovative approach to deliver their content onto mobile and old incumbents, such as Adobe, are slow to adapt," said PJ Gurumohan, Co-Founder and CEO of GENWI. "GENWI is trailblazing mobile publishing by helping content publishers easily and effectively engage with consumers -- all in the cloud. We are incredibly proud that Red Herring has recognized our vision and efforts with this prestigious award."
Elevation Partners and FLOODGATE joined the Series A funding round bringing the total the company has raised to date to $7.1M with other investors being Nexus Venture Partners, Inventus Capital Partners, and Quest Venture Partners.
"Choosing the companies with the strongest potential was by no means a small feat," said Alex Vieux, publisher and CEO of Red Herring. "After rigorous contemplation and discussion, we narrowed our list down from hundreds of candidates from across Global to the Top 100 Winners. We believe GENWI embodies the vision, drive and innovation that define a successful entrepreneurial venture. GENWI should be proud of its accomplishment, as the competition was the strongest it has ever been."
Red Herring's editorial staff evaluated the companies on both quantitative and qualitative criteria, such as financial performance, technology innovation, management quality, strategy, and market penetration. This assessment of potential is complemented by a review of the track record and standing of startups relative to their peers, allowing Red Herring to see past the "buzz" and make the list a valuable instrument of discovery and advocacy for the most promising new business models from around the world.
GENWI (Generation Wireless) helps content publishers create live and engaging apps with a revolutionary cloud-based mobile Content Management System (mCMS). Publishers can easily repurpose existing content, enjoy complete creative freedom using standard web technologies, and deliver apps that can be revised in real time on all mobile devices. The GENWI mCMS enables publishers to get on mobile quickly with no programming and zero total cost of ownership.
Over 1800 publishers have GENWI powered apps including American Express, Deloitte, Tesla, Condé Nast, The Hollywood Reporter, and The Dolan Company. Founded in 2010, GENWI is a privately held firm based in Los Altos, CA with another office in New York City. For more information, please visit http://genwi.com or follow us on Twitter @genwi.
Amanda Van Nuys
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict