|By PR Newswire||
|December 4, 2012 02:10 PM EST||
MONTREAL, Dec. 4, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Wajam (www.wajam.com), a leader in social search technology, announced today it has been selected as a winner of the Canadian Innovation Exchange's (CIX) Canadian Technology Accelerator award. Wajam was recently named to the CIX Top 20 list, a unique program designed to showcase Canada's hottest innovative companies working in Digital Media and Information and Communication Technology.
The Canadian Technology accelerator is open to a limited number of qualified companies. Ideal candidates are start-ups as well as small and medium enterprises with a potential for growth that wish to create a footprint in the Silicon Valley. Wajam was awarded the Canadian Technology Accelerator award along with two other companies, Shopcaster and Scribblelive.
Andrew Keenan, Global Practice Lead for Venture Capital, Canadian Department of Foreign Affairs, presented the award to Wajam CEO Martin-Luc Archambault at the Canadian Innovation Exchange on November 27, 2012 at MaRS Discovery District in Toronto.
"We're happy to select Wajam as part of our Canadian Technology Accelerator," said Mr. Keenan. "I believe Wajam has the potential to grow and represent Canada on the global tech stage, and we're here to support their dream. Silicon Valley offers very quick access to investors, potential clients and technology partners, and the accelerator program gives them unique access to resources to help their business scale."
"We are honored to be associated with the Canadian Innovation Exchange and its elite list of top innovators," said Martin-Luc Archambault. "CIX globally recognizes how Canada is a growing hotbed for entrepreneurs, investment and technology leadership and promotes many opportunities for entrepreneurs to start tech companies in Canada. The Wajam team appreciates CIX's recognition for their innovative work. We are grateful for all of the awards we have received this year, which validate the need and relevance social search brings to Internet navigation. We have big plans in 2013 to continue our quest to seamlessly bring friend recommendations to all places where people search the internet!"
About CTA Silicon Valley
The Canadian Trade Commissioner Service manages the Canadian Technology Accelerator (CTA) initiative in Silicon Valley, the global hub for technology and entrepreneurship. The goal is to provide qualified Canadian ICT, digital/ social media & other companies with access to unique resources and contacts to help them grow at a global scale.
About Wajam – Great Minds Search Alike – www.wajam.com
Wajam (www.wajam.com) is a social search engine that gives you access to the knowledge of your friends when you need it. The Wajam Social Search Everywhere Plugin makes searching the web more personal by adding results from friends to standard searches on Google, Bing or Yahoo! It elevates search relevance by featuring your friends' likes and reviews for products, places, links, photos and videos within your regular search habits, even in places like Amazon, Yelp, Trip Advisor, YouTube and Ebay. The Wajam Search site gives users the ability to search their network of trusted friends and followers across multiple social networks all in one place.
Wajam is an International Stevies Award Silver Winner for Most Innovative Company in the U.S. and Canada as well as Best Social App and Press Page; a Red Herring Americas Top 100 Winner, one of the CIX Top 20 Elite Companies, and recipient of the C2MTL Emerging Entrepreneurs Award, Deloitte's Technology Fast 50 Jury's Favorite Award and Ernst & Young's 2012 Emerging Entrepreneur of the Year Award. Wajam received the highest security certifications from TRUSTe, McAfee and Norton, and is committed to protecting privacy and keeping user info safe. Wajam launched in private beta in January 2011 and was founded by Martin-Luc Archambault, who was previously CEO of Zango Canada. Wajam is privately held and funded by Bolidea. Visit us on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/wajam or Twitter at https://twitter.com/wajam. Please refer also to our award-winning Press Page or visit our Blog.
Contact: John Sperrazzo, Eye-To-Eye Communications, Inc.
858.361.4495, [email protected]
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict