|By Business Wire||
|December 4, 2012 11:38 AM EST||
2012 has been a banner year for Swarm (aka SwarmConnect), a popular social gaming platform for mobile devices. The company has seen explosive growth on all fronts, with thousands of developers joining the ranks and millions of gamers participating in the community. But the good news doesn’t end there: Swarm now offers an official Unity plugin, which can be downloaded directly from Unity’s Asset Store.
Here are just a couple examples of top mobile developers that have embraced Swarm:
- Vector Unit: Creator of wildly popular 3D racing titles such as Riptide GP and Shine Runner. Beach Buggy Blitz was recently featured by Google Play and was one of the Top 10 Free Games on Android.
- Highline Games: Founded by Rockstar veterans and well-known for the Grand Theft Auto series. W.E.L.D.E.R., published by Ayopa Games, was also featured on Google Play.
“Using Swarm for achievements and leaderboards in Beach Buggy Blitz has allowed us to focus our efforts on gameplay instead of servers and scalability,” says Matt Small, Founder, Vector Unit.
Britt Myers, Founder of Highline Games, concurs: “Swarm's hassle-free integration process was a huge plus on our tight development schedule. The features and functionality of the platform have exceeded expectations of our players.”
Seeking to make social features even easier to implement, Swarm is now unveiling a plugin for studios building their games with Unity. The Swarm Unity Plugin enables developers to quickly add global leaderboards, achievements, scalable cloud data storage, freemium monetization tools, and community management – increasing downloads and helping studios make more money with less effort.
Swarm’s Unity Plugin at a glance:
- Social features (including leaderboards, achievements, and cloud data storage) can be integrated with just a few lines of code
- Titles are instantly exposed to millions of players in the Swarm community
- No knowledge of Java, servers or databases required
- Available for download from the Unity Asset Store and the Swarm website
- Currently integrates specifically with Unity projects exported to Android
“The sky is the limit when developers combine the power of Unity with the community-building features of the Swarm platform,” says Matt Haggerty, CEO, Swarm LLC. “For example, just look at The CATch! by Deemedya. This is the future of game development and we’re glad to be part of it.”
Screenshots & trailers
Beach Buggy Blitz (Vector Unit)
Screenshots -- download https://dl.dropbox.com/u/9186800/Beach_Buggy_Blitz_screens.zip
Screenshots -- web http://imgur.com/a/Y69Zh
W.E.L.D.E.R. (Highline Games)
Screenshots -- download https://dl.dropbox.com/u/9186800/W.E.L.D.E.R._screens.zip
Screenshots -- web http://imgur.com/a/bGgxU
The CATch! (Deemedya)
Screenshots -- download https://dl.dropbox.com/u/9186800/The_CATch_screens.zip
Screenshots -- web http://imgur.com/a/cTV0u
About Swarm LLC
Swarm LLC creates Swarm (aka SwarmConnect), a platform that enables game developers to quickly and easily add social features to their mobile games such as global leaderboards, achievements, scalable cloud data storage, freemium monetization tools, and community management. Thousands of developers in more than 50 countries rely on Swarm for their social features. To learn more about Swarm, please visit http://swarmconnect.com.
Social Media Links
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict