|By PR Newswire||
|December 4, 2012 08:01 AM EST||
SAN FRANCISCO, Dec. 4, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Heroku, a leading cloud platform-as-a-service (PaaS) and a salesforce.com company, today announced a major update to its Add-Ons Program focused on enabling business processes for cloud service providers. The Heroku Add-Ons Marketplace, version 2.0, consists of an updated developer-facing marketplace and a new service provider management experience, both of which offer add-on providers a guided path to business success.
Heroku pioneered the concept of Add-Ons three years ago with the launch of 12 add-ons in its first marketplace. Since that time, the Heroku Add-Ons Program has grown to include 85 service providers with more than 4 million installs, allowing cloud service providers to focus on their core business while Heroku manages their business services. The Heroku Add-Ons Program helps cloud service providers with key business needs such as full lifecycle billing, full integration with customer applications, single sign-on customer log-in, an integrated end-user support experience and a Heroku sales team that actively sells the platform and add-ons. New with this release, Heroku is also introducing a self-service interface that allows providers to instantly manage their product portfolio. Service providers reap the benefits of faster time-to-market and higher user adoption, conversion and retention rates because they are able to dedicate more time to product development.
"The Heroku Add-Ons Program has been an incredible place for MemCachier to grow and learn. The Marketplace gives us instant access to thousands of developers, letting us focus on great customer service and product development," said Alex Loddengaard, co-founder, MemCachier. "Selling through the program is absolutely the right way to grow or start a product for web developers."
"Working with Heroku gives us a fast way to get our product out in front of folks who build systems every day. The familiarity of the tools and accessibility of documentation gave us a great starting point for building our brand with developers," said Brian P. O'Rourke, co-founder, Stovepipe Studios. "With Heroku, we could put off or skip entirely many of the boilerplate pieces of launching a product—letting us save time and focus on what we do best."
Features and Benefits
The Heroku Add-Ons Marketplace takes care of the business side of pushing a product to market, making all aspects of the product lifecycle easier for cloud service providers. The Add-Ons Marketplace also lets Heroku users easily find and consume cloud services and exposes cloud service providers to hundreds of thousands of potential customers. Included in the program are the following key features:
- Intuitive Self-Service Interface – Providers can instantly create and manage their add-ons, features, benefits and plans, allowing them greater flexibility for testing and marketing their products. Services can be deployed, configured and integrated into apps with one-click.
- Marketing Best Practices – New listing pages provide powerful customization for each add-on including best practices on marketing and customer engagement. Templates are included for creating new documentation, embedding documentation into sales pages, easy plan comparisons, personalized branding and visibility into analytics and marketplace performance so that no dedicated team of marketing specialists is required.
- Complete Billing Services – The program takes care of all aspects of the billing process for users including failed payments, declined cards, fraud and payment and bank transaction fees. This protects providers from the complexities and financial risks associated with integrating with payment gateways, fraud and failed, declined or expired credit cards.
- Dedicated Support – Heroku's support team provides first-level developer support, saving providers time by handling integration issues for them. A dedicated sales team is also available to help sell the Heroku platform along with providers' integrated services.
"Composed cloud services are the future for developing advanced applications," said Oren Teich, COO, Heroku. "By giving cloud service providers an easier way to market their products and run their businesses, Heroku is redefining how technology products and applications are created and brought to market."
"What I love most about the Heroku Add-Ons Program is how well it streamlines the process of integrating with complex services, both for developers and service providers," said Nick Zadrozny, co-founder, One More Cloud. "Our tight integration with Heroku's add-on platform allows us to focus all of our energies into building and managing the best search engine service for developers so that developers themselves can focus their energies on their own applications. Working with the Heroku add-on platform saves valuable time for developers on both sides."
The upgraded Heroku Add-Ons Marketplace is currently open and available to all developers and cloud service providers and can be visited at https://addons.heroku.com/. Service providers who wish to apply may do so at https://addons.heroku.com/provider.
Heroku, a salesforce.com company, has enabled hundreds of thousands of developers to build and run more than two million applications - all entirely in the cloud, without the need to purchase or maintain any servers or software. With support for the most popular languages, an enterprise class database service and an add-on ecosystem featuring the most innovative development tools, Heroku provides start-ups, IT organizations and agencies with a faster and more effective way to create and deploy apps. For more information, please visit http://heroku.com/.
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict