|By Business Wire||
|December 4, 2012 06:35 AM EST||
Bit9, the global leader in Advanced Threat Protection, will present the free webcast “Enhancing Security Through a Trust-based Approach” on Tuesday, December 4, 2012, at 9:00 a.m. EST / 2:00 p.m. GMT. Fran Howarth, senior analyst, security for Bloor Research, will explain how at a time when cyberthreats are becoming more insidious and affecting organizations of all types and sizes, advanced weapons are required to stop these advanced threats, which evade detection by traditional security solutions.
“Application control and whitelisting technologies provide the advanced weapons needed to counter advanced threats,” said Howarth. “They can be used to ensure that only trusted applications can be run on the network, blocking all other applications from executing. Thus, they are highly effective at preventing malware infections and data exfiltration, especially when all systems are continuously monitored in real time. By allowing only what is known to be good to run, trust is returned to the security equation and an organization will be in a much stronger position to protect its sensitive information from the risks posed by sophisticated cyberthreats.”
What: Free live webcast: “Enhancing Security Through a
Who Should Attend: IT security leaders concerned about how to protect their organizations’ assets against sophisticated advanced threats that aren’t stopped by traditional antivirus software.
Presenter: Fran Howarth, senior analyst, security for Bloor Research
When: Tuesday, December 4, 2012 at 9:00 a.m. EST / 2:00 p.m. GMT
Where: Click here to register
Attendees will learn:
- How a trust-based security platform prevents untrustworthy software from executing on your endpoints and servers
- Why policy-driven application control and whitelisting are critical to a successful defense-in-depth strategy
- How application control technologies are highly effective at preventing malware infections and data exfiltration, especially when all systems are continuously monitored in real time
Bit9, the global leader in Advanced Threat Protection, protects the intellectual property (IP) of the world’s leading brands with innovative, trust-based security solutions that detect and prevent sophisticated malware and cyberthreats. Bit9 stops advanced persistent threats (APTs) by combining real-time sensors, cloud-based software reputation services, continuous monitoring and trust-based application control and whitelisting. Bit9 is the only company to stop both Flame and the malware that caused the RSA breach. For more information, visit http://www.bit9.com, follow us on Twitter @Bit9, LinkedIn, Facebook and Google+, or call +1 617-393-7400.
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict