|By Marketwired .||
|December 3, 2012 03:19 PM EST||
ROCKVILLE, MD -- (Marketwire) -- 12/03/12 -- Less June Cleaver and more tech-immersed foodie, the modern American mom is at the epicenter of the new home-based food culture and in the vanguard of the movement toward healthy eating, according to Moms as Food Shoppers: Grocery Store and Supercenter Patterns and Trends, a just-released report from market research firm Packaged Facts.
Each year moms have a hand in spending nearly $200 billion on food purchased for use at home. Packaged Facts' analysis reveals that 41% of all moms, or 13.3 million moms, consider their kitchen to be the most important room in their home. Meanwhile, 61% of moms (19.7 million moms) say they really enjoy cooking. A growing number of these moms are on a continuous quest to spice up their family meals with exciting alternatives to the same old menus. This includes trying out new recipes and food products.
The growing desire to experiment with new foods has given tremendous influence to the internet and social media when it comes to household food purchases. So great is the technological and new media influence that it often supersedes much of the purchasing sway traditionally believed to be held by children in the home -- a reality that is changing how marketers engage with today's moms, notes David Sprinkle, research director of Packaged Facts. Modern moms turn to blogs for meal planning information before the store and use mobile apps to make sure they are getting the best deals in the store.
One consistent aspect of the mom profile that has held up across generations is the desire to provide nutritious, healthy family meals. What's new is that modern moms want grocery stores to step up and help them plan and prepare healthy meals. Besides enhancing what they offer moms on their websites, grocers can build relationships with moms looking for interesting and innovative cooking tips by strengthening their in-store cooking and meal planner programs. Compared to food shoppers on average, moms are 33% more likely to choose grocery stores offering cooking classes or cooking videos and 23% more likely to pick stores providing meal planner and recipe information, according to Packaged Facts.
For more information, please visit www.marketresearch.com or http://www.packagedfacts.com/Moms-Food-Shoppers-7239546/
About Packaged Facts - Packaged Facts, a division of MarketResearch.com, publishes market intelligence on a wide range of consumer market topics, including consumer demographics and shopper insights, consumer financial products and services, consumer goods and retailing, consumer packaged goods (including foods and beverages, health and beauty care, and household products), and pet products and services. Packaged Facts also offers a full range of custom research services. To learn more, visit: www.packagedfacts.com. Follow us on Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn, and Twitter. Read fresh takes on research from Packaged Facts via our blog: http://packagedfacts.blogspot.com/
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict