|By PR Newswire||
|December 3, 2012 12:00 PM EST||
East Lansing, MI, Dec. 3, 2012 /PRNewswire-iReach/ -- Memo - the software that reminds people with mild dementia of everything they need to know – is re-launching as a mobile app just in time for the holidays. Family members who care for someone with impaired memory may find Memo the ideal gift. It helps seniors with short-term memory loss maintain their independence and stay in their own home, providing constant reminders to keep daily life on track for the elder. Equally important, Memo relieves stress and anxiety for the family caregiver.
"Memo is like a big, bright sticky note that updates automatically, without the caregiver being physically present," says Merilee Griffin, a co-founder of Memo Touch. The Memo app allows family members to post messages remotely, from home, work, or travel, wherever they have internet access. They can also update the calendar and To Do list, set audio alerts, modify the medication list, and post photos.
The elder needs no computer skills at all – the app simply provides the correct day, date, and time and other information. "If they can watch TV, they can use a Memo," says Memo co-founder Carrie Beia. More information about Memo can be found at http://www.memotouch.com
Originally available only on a pre-loaded tablet, Memo can now be downloaded from Google Play and soon, the Apple store. Customers can choose any ten-inch or similar tablet, including used and refurbished models.
Memo meets the needs of the several million Americans age with short-term memory loss due to Alzheimers, other diseases, post-traumatic stress injury, and brain trauma. Loss of memory results in missed appointments, forgotten medications, and chronic confusion that are hard to live with.
Family caregivers suffer too. They carry the burden of constant repetition, frequent interruptions, and disruption of work and family life as they assist the parent or loved one. Memo not only saves time; it relieves caregiver worry, guilt, and stress.
Memo can be easily customized to meet the needs of people with a wide range of abilities. The display can be as simple as the day, date and time and a single reminder, or it can include optional features such as a calendar, to-do list, the weather, phone numbers, a list of medications, and photo albums. A Help button is available to automatically send a text, email, or both to the caregiver if needed.
Because access to the caregiver website can be shared among siblings, aides, assisted living staff, and other helpers, Memo facilitates communication and coordination of care. Everyone with access can see the messages, calendar items, to-do lists, and medications. It eliminates the additional responsibility typically placed on the primary caregiver to keep all interested parties informed.
The Memo app will run on any Android or Apple tablet, but a ten-inch screen is strongly recommended to keep font and icon sizes large enough for older eyes. Most of today's tablets have ample processing speed and resolution to support Memo's functions.
While the device is serving as a Memo, the software automatically loads and runs on startup, so someone without any tech skills is in no danger of getting confused with unfamiliar screens and icons. And when the family is finished using the tablet as Memo, it can be returned to its original programming and used as an extra device.
Memo is offered by MemoTouch LLC of East Lansing, Michigan, formed in 2010 with the vision of producing a single, simple device to help ease the stress and daily disruption caused by short-term memory loss of elders and their caregivers alike. Dr. Griffin and Ms. Beia were motivated by the long-term and deeply emotional personal experience of caring for loved ones with diminished memory.Media Contact:
Merilee Griffin, Memo Touch, 517-351-7743, [email protected]
News distributed by PR Newswire iReach: https://ireach.prnewswire.com
SOURCE Memo Touch
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict