|By PR Newswire||
|December 3, 2012 05:00 AM EST||
WYTHEVILLE, Va., Dec. 3, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Transportation pioneer Evatran is proud to announce the Electric Drive Transportation Association (EDTA) and DTE Energy as the newest participants in the Company's Apollo Trial Program, where participants trial groundbreaking Plugless Power wireless electric vehicle (EV) charging technology. EDTA and DTE Energy join existing Apollo participants The Hertz Corporation, Google, Duke Energy, Clemson University, SPX Service Solutions, and the Los Angeles Department of Water and Power.
(Logo: logo http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20110601/PH11817LOGO-b )
Launched in early 2012, the Apollo Program aims to encourage EV adoption and increase awareness of wireless charging technology. With the Company's first generation prototypes installed at six locations across the United States from March through November, Evatran captured feedback from diverse climates and charging environments. In the second phase of the Program, kicking off at the beginning of 2013, Evatran will collect charging data from over 25 production grade Plugless Power systems installed with partners across the country.
Insights from the first phase of the Trial Program led Evatran to improve system communication speed, decrease the size of components, and redesign the user interface of the charging system. The second phase of the Program, with announced partners SPX Service Solutions, EDTA, and DTE Energy, will focus on installing production grade hardware in preparation for selling Plugless Power systems to individual EV drivers in April 2013.
"Our team has worked diligently for the past year to prepare for the production launch of the world's first wireless charging technology available to individual EV drivers. Thanks to the help of our Apollo partners, we've improved the product and we're ready to put the next generation of the technology into the field. With the second phase of our Trial Program ramping up, we look forward to welcoming valuable feedback from another group of strong, industry leading brands like EDTA and DTE Energy," commented Kevin Beck, Evatran's Vice President of Sales and Business Development.
EDTA will have systems installed at its headquarters in Washington D.C., while DTE Energy will trial systems in the cold weather climate of Detroit, Michigan. Each participant in the second phase of the Program will test the systems for three months, and then have the systems upgraded to final production quality at the close of the trial.
For more information on Plugless Power or the Apollo Program visit: www.pluglesspower.com.
Plugless Power™, developed by Evatran™, is the first electric vehicle (EV) charging system on the market to offer customers a simple way to charge their EVs with the ease of wireless technology. In addition to aftermarket distribution, Evatran is currently working with automotive manufacturers to integrate the Plugless Power technology into mass-market EVs. The Company has signed installation and distribution agreements with SPX Service Solutions and Sears Home Services to support the installation of Plugless Power systems nationwide. The Apollo Launch Program, an initiative started by Evatran in 2012, follows industry leaders such as Duke Energy, Clemson University, Google, and Hertz, as they trial the Plugless Power technology on their own EVs. To learn more about Plugless Power or to reserve a wireless charging system for your own EV, visit www.pluglesspower.com.
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict