|By Bob Gourley||
|November 30, 2012 05:18 PM EST||
Here is the top mobile news and stories of the day.
- Report: Google Play revenues closing in on Apple’s App Store, up 311 percent - while Apple has adopted the luxury car version of differentiation, Google is taking the Wal-Mart road. They are taking over tablet and smartphone markets, and Google Play revenues are beginning to reflect that. This report from App Annie is showing the change in profitability. However, some forecast there might be a bubble that is about to burst (unlikely). Via Phandroid, more here.
- iTunes 11 Is Finally Out: Here’s What’s New - The update to iTunes 11 is available, and has changed the application greatly. iTunes is the defining application for half of all smartphone consumers, and it matters (a lot, unfortunately). Gizmodo has the run-down on the changes so check it out here. Via Gizmodo.
- Google Maps Navigation gets a green light in Mexico - As Android grows in international usage (it is more readily available) we must be cognizant that the Google apps available to us in the US are not always available overseas. Via Android Community, more here.
- RIM Is Losing the Enterprise Market to iPhone and Android - New research from IDC is showing that Apple and Android are pushing RIM out in their only profitable market anymore – the enterprise. RIM has long been an enterprise superstar, and this is terrible news for the Canadian firm. Via All Things D, more here.
- Review: Fantastical for iPhone, the calendar upgrade iOS 6 is missing - Calendars can be tricky (Google recently forgot December), they need to be clean and useful, yet powerful and integrated. Fantastical possesses a language parser which turns common statements into calendar appointments. Via 9to5Mac, more here.
- popSLATE case adds e-ink screen to the back of iPhone 5 - Every now and then something pops up that is pretty wild. The plan for this Kickstarter case is to add an e-ink screen on the back of the iPhone 5. Users would be able choose what is displayed (perhaps a picture). The killer app for this would be iBooks that displayed to the back (saving battery and providing an e-reader on your iPhone). Via GigaOM, more here.
- Photoshop Touch gets support for 7-inch screens - Photoshop Touch is an excellent photo app for Android, and the update to the 7″ form factor puts it in the hands of the millions of Nexus 7 users. Adobe does require the screen to be at least 1024×600 pixels in resolution, but very few 7″ tablets do not have that resolution. Via Android Community, more here.
- Quick Look: Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 2 - Droid Life has taken a look at the recently released Verizon Galaxy Note 2. The Verizon Note 2 offers connection to Verizon’s 4G LTE network, but if you’re out of LTE range you’re stuck on CDMA. The Verizon version is much the same as the other US versions, except for Verizon branding all over the place. Via Droid-Life, more here.
- Best new Android, iPhone and iPad games for November 2012 (part 1) - Phone Arena has an excellent list of the top new games of the month. Including one of my favorites (Angry Birds: Star Wars). Via Phone Arena, more here.
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict