|By Bill Roth||
|November 28, 2012 08:00 AM EST||
Netapp's recent Campaign on having the number #1 market share falls into this category. The ad has someone looking surprised (I am being generous), and saying "NetApp Data OnTap is the worlds #1 Storage OS? Yep, Netapp." When you look for their reference, it says NetApp Internal Documents.
See one of the ads below:
Really, NetApp? Really?!?
How can you consider yourself a operating systems when you only run on SPECIFIC HARDWARE. YOURS. You are no more an operating system than the code that runs my voip phone. And I have no idea what that is. Really!?! NexentaStor runs on scads of different hardware setups. You can see some of these setups on our page for "Certified Systems" and see our list of certified parts here. NexentaStor gives customers choice. Not just choice of hardware, but also choice of suppliers as well, since we have over 250+ resellers, many of whom make their own products based on NexentaStor, like PogoStorage, Aberdeen, Nordisk, Silicon Mechanics, Racktop, and others.
And Really?! World's number one? Nexenta has over 72,000 installs and we manage, conservatively 1.5EB (that's ExaBytes to you, the one larger than Petabytes), and we've only been doing this since 2009. Really?!
And Really?! Storage OS? Based on what? Your proprietary code from the 1990s called and said it needed a break because its getting old. Seriously. NexentaStor is based on an operating system designed and build in this millenium, with all the modern main-line features build in for free. No upsell, no nickle and dime. Just functionality.
And Really?! "Internal documents?" I have internal source document that say NexentaStor has 300% fewer calories than Data OnTap. I have internal source document that say NexentaStor has no cholesterol. I have internal source document that say NexentaStor weighs 50% less than Data OnTap. Internal documents? Seriously? You couldn't find one external reference? Really!?!
Finally: Really!?! You couldn't even handle a website doing fantasy football during week 10 of the NFL season? Really? My guess is you'll explode during the Super Bowl at this rate. (It would be cool to watch, but then I like explosions). It was pretty embarassing when, after the "Filer" story was announced HERE, your own customer threw you under the bus in such a grand and glorious way. Ouch.
How do we know its you? You tweeted it back in July:@NetApp: @Yahoo Fantasy Football pushed savings even further down-field w/ NetApp storage providing a 40% reduction in power#InnovationAwards12
Look, Netapp, you can put a tutu on a pig and it still ain't gonna dance. Netapp, Not really. No, Netapp, not really.
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict