|By PR Newswire||
|November 30, 2012 11:08 AM EST||
LONDON, November 30, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
Leading children's charity, the NSPCC, has today launched a new partnership with Great British Chefs - the award-winning digital business that showcases recipes, how-to videos, tips and tricks from over 70 of the best chefs across Britain.
The partnership will kick off in style with a dinner taking place on 3 December at The Banqueting House, London where four of the finest young chefs in Great Britain will cook for an array of high-profile guests. Adam Stokes, Robert Thompson, Adam Simmonds and Lisa Allen will each produce a mouthwatering course for the banquet which will raise vital funds for ChildLine, the UK's free, confidential 24-hour helpline and online service for vulnerable children and young people provided by the NSPCC.
Speaking about the partnership, CEO of Great British Chefs, Ollie Lloyd, said: "It's tremendously exciting to be part of this wonderful fundraising event. The chefs cooking on the night are known for producing some of the most innovative and talked about food in Great Britain and we hope that we'll raise a significant amount to help ChildLine continue its vital work."
NSPCC Chairman, Mark Wood, said: "We're delighted to be working with Ollie and the team at Great British Chefs to help raise vital funds for our work protecting vulnerable children and young people across the UK. It's fantastic to see these world class chefs from every corner of Britain coming together in support of the NSPCC and ChildLine, and I look forward to seeing how our exciting partnership develops."
Notes to Editors:
About the NSPCC
The NSPCC is the UK's leading children's charity specialising in child protection. Our vision is to end cruelty to children in the UK and we make a difference for all children by standing up for their rights, listening to them, helping them when they need us and by making them safe. The NSPCC runs projects and services across the United Kingdom and Channel Islands to help vulnerable children. We also provide ChildLine, the UK's free, confidential 24-hour helpline and online service for children and young people and a helpline for adults who are worried about a child or want advice.
If you have concerns about a child or young person, you can call the NSPCC on 0808-800-5000, text 88858 or visit http://www.nspcc.org.uk
Children and young people can contact ChildLine on 0800 1111 or visit http://www.childline.org.uk
About Great British Chefs
Great British Chefs (http://www.greatbritishchefs.com) is a digital publisher championing the best chefs across Britain. Founded in 2010, Great British Chefs has a following of 150,000 on Google+ and over 85,000 fans on Facebook. With over 70 award-winning chefs from all over the world, but living in Britain, we showcase hundreds of their recipes, with stunning photographs, how-to videos and award winning apps, Great British Chefs represents the go to place for people who want to be inspired by the best chefs in Britain, learn how to cook their award winning dishes and find out about their restaurants.
About the chefs
- Adam Stokes, Head Chef of the Glenapp Castle Hotel on the Mull of Kintyre has a Michelin star to his name
- Robert Thompson, one of the youngest Chefs to be awarded a Michelin star, runs both the Pond Café and The Hambrough on the Isle of Wight, his style has been called 'classic-with-a-twist' by The Independent's Tracey McLeod
- Adam Simmonds has worked with both Marco Pierre White and Raymond Blanc and now runs Danesfield House in Marlow-on-Thames which scored an impressive 8/10 in the Good Food Guide
- Lisa Allen, one of only a few women at the top of her industry, became the Head Chef of Northcote Manor in Lancashire at just 23, and has been mentored by its founder Nigel Haworth
SOURCE Great British Chefs
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict