|By Business Wire||
|November 30, 2012 11:00 AM EST||
Seagate Technology plc (NASDAQ: STX) today announced that Steve Luczo, president, CEO and chairman of Seagate has been named one of Fortune Magazine’s top Businesspersons of the Year for 2012. This prestigious annual ranking honors the top performing leaders across multiple industries.
Selections were made from a variety of factors, including financial results, stock performance and market value of the company, as well as strategic savvy, the ability to gracefully steer a very large organization, risk taking, and cultural significance.
One of only a handful of Silicon Valley leaders on the list, Luczo was honored alongside luminaries such as Jeff Bezos of Amazon, Tim Cook of Apple, Larry Page of Google, Warren Buffett of Berkshire Hathaway, Oh-Hyun Kwon of Samsung, Larry Ellison of Oracle and Ginni Rometty of IBM. Of Luczo, Fortune said, “Luczo took over a company with declining market share, rising costs, and massive debt. Fast forward to 2012: Seagate has achieved record revenues and profits and has regained its position as the largest hard disk manufacturer in the world.”
“This is clearly a tremendous honor that also recognizes the thousands of employees at Seagate who have dedicated themselves to helping Seagate become one of the best technology companies in the world,” said Steve Luczo. “This recognition reflects our commitment to deliver the best products and services in the storage industry.”
Seagate is a world leader in hard disk drives and storage solutions. Learn more at www.seagate.com.
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict