|By PR Newswire||
|November 30, 2012 08:00 AM EST||
SAN FRANCISCO, Nov. 30, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Social advertising company 140 Proof today rolled out the next phase of its open platform initiative with the launch of 140 Proof Platform for premium media brands, working with well-known original content creators and distributors in digital, print, and TV, including the Atlantic Media Company. The offering enables content publishers to monetize their social audience for the first time across the digital social layer, spanning any screen or device.
Premium media brands have used social networks to expand their digital presence beyond their owned and operated properties, and they are now pushing out daily content in the form of social posts and other content to a large, high-value audience of millions of fans and followers. For example, ESPN properties have over 30 million combined followers on Twitter – rivaling the monthly audience of visitors to ESPN.com. But while social advertising platforms like 140 Proof, Facebook, and Twitter are monetizing branded media content and social audiences at the point of consumption, media companies have not been able to do the same.
With 140 Proof Platform, premium media brands can now monetize their content and audience in social feeds, sites and apps for the first time, in addition to their traditional "owned and operated" properties and advertising inventory. Using 140 Proof Platform, digital publishers will also be able to enrich targeting and ad offerings on their own sites and apps with rich social data and native social ad units.
140 Proof Platform enables digital publishers to monetize their social content and audiences in the following ways:
- Social Audience Extensions: Media brands can offer social ad and audience extensions off-site to their existing advertisers – targeted and delivered via 140 Proof Platform.
- Native Social Ad Units: Media brands can integrate 140 Proof native social ads on their own properties, anywhere there is a curated stream of tweets, updates, pins, or other social posts. IAB standard and Rich Media units are also supported. All 140 Proof-served advertising is highly targeted based on the company's Interest Graph Targeting™ technology.
- Interest Graph Targeting: Publishers can also use 140 Proof's Interest Graph Targeting to enhance their own social advertising offerings and site-served display campaigns.
Atlantic Media Company is using 140 Proof Platform to create new ad inventory and products, expanding its offerings for advertisers and enhancing the ability to reach readers. Working with 140 Proof, Atlantic Media Company, including The Atlantic, Quartz, National Journal, Government Executive and Think Custom Media, will now be able to target and deliver ads to the millions of followers and fans of its brands, titles, and journalists across the social sites and apps where their content is discovered and shared. Atlantic Media Company will also have the ability to use 140 Proof Platform to reach social audiences with similar interests to their own followers – for example The Atlantic could customize their social audience to include followers of @Gates Foundation, the keyword "sustainability", and #Earth Day to support a given advertiser or campaign.
"Readers of The Atlantic and its sister publications are highly engaged on social platforms like Facebook and Twitter, extending the reach and longevity of our articles in a wholly organic way. I'm excited to work with 140 Proof to further engage our audience on behalf of our advertising partners, reaching them in new places where they may discover and share our compelling custom blog posts, videos, infographics, and more," said Jay Lauf, Publisher of The Atlantic and Senior Vice President/Group Publisher of Atlantic Media Company.
"At 140 Proof we've been monetizing high-value social audiences built by premium media brands for years, as have other social advertising platforms like Facebook and Twitter. That said, we've reached a tipping point in scale and adoption that makes this the right move on behalf of publishers, particularly as ad budgets continue to shift to social. Digital publishers need an option to monetize their social audience themselves. Social advertising demand is growing faster than the current offerings can meet – so we're excited about the timing and opportunity in releasing this capability from 140 Proof Platform," said Andy Scott, co-founder and CRO at 140 Proof.
140 Proof launched its open platform initiative in May, which for the first time allowed select agencies, brands and media partners to use the company's Interest Graph Targeting and network of social sites and apps to deliver rich, targeted ads with social actions. Initial launch partners included mobile technology leaders such as JumpTap, Celtra and OneLouder. 140 Proof is now extending the reach of its open platform initiative to premium media brands.
140 Proof Platform is powered by proprietary interest graph technology. Growing at a rate of over two billion data points per day, the interest graph is composed of publicly available online social data such as Likes, Follows and the connections between people brands, products, and influencers. 140 Proof measures the social spectrum of interests, capturing signals from Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Foursquare, Pinterest, Instagram and other social sites to enable any media property to deliver relevant, high performing social ads.
About 140 Proof
140 Proof is the leading Social Advertising service, providing brand advertisers a simple and effective way to reach millions of consumers primed to discover and share. The company delivers highly targeted, native, sharable ads across the millions of web, smartphone, and tablet sites and apps connected to Twitter, Facebook and other social networks. 140 Proof's Interest Graph targeting utilizes stream-analysis technologies to match ads to the target audience based on public social cues like who they follow and keywords in their feeds. The solution is Native – optimized for Social and additive to the user experience, including both stream, standard and rich media units. Social is everywhere – 140 Proof is headquartered in San Francisco and has additional field offices in New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas and Detroit. More at http://www.140proof.com
SOURCE 140 Proof
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict