|By Business Wire||
|November 29, 2012 03:02 PM EST||
Bloomberg Law, the legal research system from the world leader in data and information services, today introduced the Business Development Center, a powerful suite of tools that draws on Bloomberg's renowned news and financial data, integrated with legal resources, to provide lawyers with targeted information to help them better understand and engage their clients.
Bloomberg Law's Business Development Center features a collection of integrated business, legal and financial tools and customizable news monitors, including proprietary features from the world-famous Bloomberg Professional service, presented in a sophisticated, fast and easy-to-use way. All Bloomberg Law users have access to the Business Development Center as part of their subscription.
"We developed the Business Development Center in response to a need from lawyers," said Greg McCaffery, Bloomberg Law CEO. "Partners are under pressure not only to generate new business but also to retain and expand the work from their existing clients. They seek ways to stay informed and knowledgeable about their clients’ issues and the competitive landscape without having to sort through Internet searches or visit multiple platforms. Bloomberg Law solves that problem for busy lawyers by providing a set of high-value business development resources all in one place."
"In the world of high-stakes litigation, strategic information comes quickly from any and all directions. Bloomberg Law adds great value by synthesizing that information and putting it at my fingertips in a format I want to use," said Charles "Bucky" Zimmerman, a founding partner of Zimmerman Reed and a nationally recognized leader in complex and class action litigation. "The Business Development Center is a feature that helps me readily see all of the pieces – from what courts, agencies and people are doing in a given area to background on companies and industries."
The Business Development Center provides a centralized location for Bloomberg Law's significant business development resources and includes powerful new tools, such as:
- Business & Client Monitor. Drawing on Bloomberg's world-class business news as well as thousands of other news sources, attorneys can monitor clients and follow topics to get the information they need as soon as an event occurs. Alerts keep lawyers up-to-date so they can better communicate and network with current and prospective clients.
- Rumors & Leads Monitor. Attorneys can track the latest executive hires and attorney moves along with breaking news that affects their clients and their practice, such as IPO and M&A rumors, credit downgrade leads and market-moving stories. Attorneys can follow a particular company or create a customized Watchlist so they will be the “first to know” when an opportunity to win business arises.
- Company Screener. The Company Screener taps into Bloomberg's financial information to enable users to search for and help evaluate companies across a wealth of data points. Attorneys can use sophisticated tools to understand which companies are financially healthy, how a company compares to its competitors, companies that may be at potential risk of bankruptcy, and much more, so that they can meet the client prepared to discuss the issues that affect them.
In addition, the Business Development Center synthesizes the full range of Bloomberg Law's people and company profiles, market data, law firm insights and business intelligence, and news for partners and general counsel. Other features include Dockets and Breaking Complaints, litigation news and analysis and Bloomberg Brief newsletters.
About Bloomberg Law
Bloomberg Law is the real-time legal research system that integrates innovative search technology, primary and secondary legal content, company and market information, and proprietary news all in one place. This collaborative workspace also includes a suite of new tools for more effective legal analysis and more productive business development. The innovative service provides the information legal practitioners need, tailored to the way they work.
Bloomberg, the global business and financial information and news leader, gives influential decision makers a critical edge by connecting them to a dynamic network of information, people and ideas. The company’s strength – delivering data, news and analytics through innovative technology, quickly and accurately – is at the core of the Bloomberg Professional service, which provides real time financial information to more than 310,000 subscribers globally.
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict