|By PR Newswire||
|November 28, 2012 01:45 PM EST||
CHICAGO, Nov. 28, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Mintel is pleased to announce the addition of Colin Bird to its team of dedicated analysts in the role of automotive analyst. Colin brings more than a decade of experience to the position, most recently with Cars.com, where he served as a consumer journalist and commented on a wide variety of industry topics.
"Bringing Colin aboard was a perfect fit and we expect the transition from journalist to report analyst will be almost seamless," says Bill Patterson, US reports manager at Mintel. "His knowledge and experience across the automotive industry is sure to translate well into the kind of robust reports and expert insight Mintel is already known for."
Colin has been published or sourced on Yahoo.com, the Los Angeles Times, the Chicago Tribune, USA Today, the Miami Herald, the Boston Globe, Boston.com, PickupTrucks.com, Autoblog.com and Jalopnik.com, among many other major newspapers and automotive websites covering everything from 'Cash for Clunkers' to the GM and Chrysler bankruptcies.
"Along with historical knowledge and industry relationships, I also provide a deep-rooted love and passion for automobiles and for the automotive industry," adds Colin Bird. "I've had the good fortune to test drive many of the latest offerings from the major automakers (both on the road and on closed-circuit tracks), so my report analytics will have the added benefit of my hands-on experience."
Colin attended the University of Illinois at Champaign-Urbana where he studied Sociology. In his new role at Mintel he will be responsible for writing consumer reports that cover the scooters, car buying and tires and rims sectors, among others.
Mintel is a leading global supplier of consumer, product and media intelligence. For 40 years, Mintel has provided insight into key worldwide trends, offering exclusive data and analysis that directly impacts client success. With offices in Chicago, New York, London, Sydney, Shanghai, Tokyo, and now India, Malaysia and Singapore, Mintel has forged a unique reputation as a world-renowned business brand. For more information on Mintel, please visit www.mintel.com.
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict