|By PR Newswire||
|November 28, 2012 08:01 AM EST||
VIRGINIA BEACH, Va., Nov. 28. 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Brooks Transfer & Storage Co., Inc., a nationwide moving and storage business based in Virginia Beach, Virginia, recently participated in the Move Rescue program. Brooks Transfer & Storage provided rescue transport for a consumer whose belongings were held hostage by a non-reputable mover operating illegally.
Move Rescue is an industry-endorsed consumer assistance service that assists those who believe they are the victims of fraud. The Virginia Beach movers at Brooks Transfer & Storage work with Move Rescue when called upon to help resolve the problem.
The consumer was attempting to move from Virginia to California when the suspect company picked up her things as agreed, then demanded several thousand dollars in payment above the original estimate before they would complete the delivery. After Move Rescue and the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) managed the release of her belongings, Brooks Transfer & Storage was able to pick up the goods from a storage facility and deliver them to California at no additional charge.
"We are proud to be involved with Move Rescue and the assistance offered to consumers in unfortunate situations," said Jeff Brooks, president of Brooks Transfer & Storage Co.
Brooks mentioned several ways that consumers can avoid mover fraud when selecting a company.
"The lowest price isn't always the best deal. People should do a background check on the business and its affiliations," said Brooks. "They should also request an on-site estimate and get all details, such as price, dates, coverage and terms, in writing."
To help make known that their business is a reputable and experienced moving company, Brooks Transfer & Storage Co. has turned to Atlantic SEO, a division of Customer Magnetism, for assistance with Internet marketing and search engine optimization(SEO). Specializing in local SEO for small businesses, Atlantic SEO works with companies throughout the country.
About Brooks Transfer & Storage Co.: Brooks Transfer & Storage Co., Inc. (http://www.brookstransfer.com/) is a professional, full-service moving and storage company based in Virginia Beach, Virginia. It is one of the 17 founding agents of United Van Lines and has been in business for 134 years.
SOURCE Brooks Transfer & Storage Co., Inc.
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict