|By PR Newswire||
|November 27, 2012 02:17 PM EST||
SAN FRANCISCO, Nov. 27, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- More than 8.1 million people turned to CNET from Black Friday through Cyber Monday to research and learn about this holiday season's most-wanted tech gadgets before they made their purchases. This is an 11% increase in traffic compared to last year.
The two most popular categories were tablets and smartphones. Nearly 13% of users viewed tablets, while 10% viewed smartphones. According to CNET, the top 10 most-researched products were:
- Google Nexus 7 (16GB)
- Apple iPhone 5
- Lenovo IdeaPad Yoga 13
- Google Nexus 10
- Apple iPad Mini
- Samsung Chromebook Series 3
- Samsung Galaxy S III - 16GB - Pebble Blue (T-Mobile)
- Amazon Kindle Fire HD 8.9
- Apple iPad (4th generation)
- Samsung Galaxy Note 2
"Tablets and smartphones continue their march to the top on CNET and beyond," said Lindsey Turrentine, Editor-in-Chief of CNET Reviews. "This is a great year for choice in the mobile landscape. Manufacturers have stepped up to the plate with an avalanche of innovative tablets and cell phones to choose from, many at low prices and many in new and interesting shapes and sizes. With so much competition, consumers win."
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict