|By PR Newswire||
|November 27, 2012 08:00 AM EST|
TORRANCE, Calif., Nov. 27, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- American Honda Motor Co., Inc. received six Best Resale Value Awards from trusted vehicle valuation source Kelley Blue Book www.kbb.com. The all-new 2013 Honda Accord, the restyled 2013 Honda Civic and Civic Si, as well as the 2013 Honda Fit each earned awards in their respective segments for projected resale value after five years of ownership. Additionally, the 2013 Honda Civic and 2013 Honda CR-V were both honored as two of the overall Top 10 Best Resale Value vehicles in America this year.
2013 Honda Vehicles Honored with Kelley Blue Book Best Resale Value Awards
- 2013 Honda Accord – Best Resale Value: Mid-Size Car
- 2013 Honda Civic – Best Resale Value: Compact Car
- 2013 Honda CR-V – Best Resale Value: Top 10
- 2013 Honda Civic – Best Resale Value: Top 10
- 2013 Honda Civic Si – Best Resale Value: Sporty Compact Car
- 2013 Honda Fit – Best Resale Value: Subcompact Car
"Honda vehicles are engineered to provide a fun-to-drive experience as well as overall value for the money," said Michael Accavitti, vice president of national marketing operations at American Honda. "With a continued focus on quality, fuel-efficiency and premium content, we have always believed that a Honda provides every buyer with added value, and we are honored to be recognized for our efforts by valuation leader Kelley Blue Book."
Kelley Blue Book's Best Resale Value Awards are based on projections from the Kelley Blue Book® Official Residual Value Guide, determined by a skilled staff of automotive analysts. These prestigious awards honor vehicles expected to maintain the greatest proportion of their original Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) after five years of ownership. Since depreciation (or loss of value) is typically a car buyer's primary expense during ownership, these awards are designed to help consumers make more informed car-buying decisions.
"Honda's dominance in multiple car segments is evidenced by its class-leading wins in four segments," said Eric Ibara, director of residual consulting, Kelley Blue Book. "Based on our projections, no other car in the mid-size car segment can beat the 2013 Accord when it comes to resale value. 2013 Honda vehicles also took top honors in several very hotly contested segments, and they're not flukes. With many repeat winners and perennial favorites, the Honda brand continues to produce quality vehicles that return value to their owners, both during the ownership period and upon resale."
Kelley Blue Book established its annual Best Resale Value Awards in 2003. The company reports projections based on current vehicle data, relevant auction transactions, sales data, market conditions for each vehicle, competition within vehicle segments, expectations of the future economy and the combined experience of Kelley Blue Book's residual analysts. Residual values reflect projected future auction values for vehicles in average condition with 75,000 miles at the end of a five-year lease or ownership period.
For more information about Kelley Blue Book's Best Resale Value Awards, please visit http://www.kbb.com/new-cars/best-resale-value-awards-2013/.
Connect with Honda:
Media Newsroom (for journalists): www.hondanews.com
Future Vehicles (for consumers): http://automobiles.honda.com/
On Google+: https://plus.google.com/+Honda
SOURCE American Honda Motor Co., Inc.
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict