|By PR Newswire||
|November 27, 2012 04:00 AM EST||
-- More Colleges and Universities Embrace Mobile Strategies to Keep Up with Rising Student Expectations
WASHINGTON, Nov. 27, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Blackboard's native mobile applications for learning and campus life have been downloaded more than 4.5 million times, the company announced today. The milestone caps a heavy period of use of Blackboard Mobile™ apps during the back to school season, and marks a steady increase in the number of institutions leveraging the apps as part of their mobile strategies.
During the first two months of the fall 2012 semester alone, Blackboard Mobile™ Learn was downloaded an average of 7,000 times per day with students logging in over 70 million times. Blackboard Mobile™ Central helped students, alumni and others keep track of the college sports season and other news with over 10 million user checks of game scores, articles and schedules.
"The continuous adoption of mobility in education confirms that this 'trend' has truly become an expectation of today's college-bound students," said Kayvon Beykpour, General Manager of Blackboard Mobile. "The use of mobile devices in education is not an experiment. Rather, mobile has become a mission-critical channel of communication for everything from course delivery to university marketing and recruitment."
Branded for each institution, Blackboard Mobile Central is an LMS-agnostic suite of applications within a single mobile app that includes course catalogs, event calendars, university news, sports schedules, directories, interactive maps and custom campus tours. The number of institutions with an active Blackboard Mobile Central app in use for marketing, recruitment and campus life purposes has doubled since 2011. Some institutions have developed and launched their apps in as little as three months.
Blackboard Mobile Learn allows students to access documents in multiple formats, post announcements, create threaded discussion posts, create and upload content and much more. Since the introduction of personal license downloads earlier this year, over 120,000 students and faculty have purchased Blackboard Mobile Learn directly from the App Store or Google Play.
Earlier this year, Blackboard Mobile Learn was awarded the Society of Pedagogy and Information (GPI)'s Comenius EduMedia Seal of Approval and the Comenius EduMedia Medal in the category 'Educational Management Systems'. The product also received a 2013 eLearning award, along with Ruhr University Bochum. Given by the eLearning Journal, the awards acknowledge the best and most innovative project consortia.
Blackboard Mobile apps are available as native applications for all major device platforms, including Android™ and iOS®, as well as the mobile Web for all other Web-enabled devices.
About Blackboard Inc.
Blackboard Inc. is a global leader in enterprise technology and innovative solutions that improve the experience of millions of students and learners around the world every day. Blackboard's solutions allow thousands of higher education, K-12, professional, corporate, and government organizations to extend teaching and learning online, facilitate campus commerce and security, and communicate more effectively with their communities. Founded in 1997, Blackboard is headquartered in Washington, D.C., with offices in North America, Europe, Asia and Australia.
Any statements in this press release about future expectations, plans and prospects for Blackboard represent the Company's views as of the date of this press release. Actual results may differ materially as a result of various important factors. The Company anticipates that subsequent events and developments will cause the Company's views to change. However, while the Company may elect to update these statements at some point in the future, the Company specifically disclaims any obligation to do so.
Android is a trademark of Google Inc. Use of this trademark is subject to Google Permissions.
Apple, iPhone, iPod touch and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc.
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict