|By PR Newswire||
|November 26, 2012 12:00 PM EST||
LONDON, November 26, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
In Britain, we love a good tablet. Surfing the web, checking emails, reading up on gossip, playing games, Facebook status updates…the list goes on. But just how much do we love tablets?
With a whole new selection of tablets being released, including Google's Nexus 4, Samsung's Galaxy Note 10.1 and Apple's iPad mini and iPad with Retina display, there's never been more choice. There's nothing better than a good statistic when it comes to determining obsession, which is why tech firm Storage Option did some research to determine exactly how popular the tablet is, and how frequently the people of Britain were using their mobile devices.
One of the headline discoveries was that 49% of tablet users said they were more interested in using their device than talking to their partners! It also transpired that 20% of people are so attached to their tablets that they set a limit on the amount of time their partners can spend using devices.
It also seems that the tablet is set to replace the paper back novel as a common partner in the bedroom, with 57% of those taking part admitting to using mobile devices in bed. On top of that, mobiles are used by 40% of people while on the loo.
The tablet is also fast becoming a truly useful tool. Thanks to tablets like the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, which uses an S Pen stylus to let you hand write notes and open multiple apps on screen at once, 40% of respondents said that mobile devices were improving their efficiency. When asked if they would miss out on vital information if left without a device for a day, 36% of people in Northern Ireland and 34% in South East England said they would.
Looking to enter the world of tablet computers? Carphone Warehouse has some of the cheapest prices going, in store or online. There you can pick up a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 from just £317, which is currently better than anyone else.
Notes to Editors
• Carphone Warehouse is the largest independent mobile phone retailer in the UK, with over 800 stores nationwide
• Discover how to get more from your gadgets with eye openers from Carphone Warehouse. Eye openers is a YouTube channel which features videos of Carphone Warehouse team members sharing useful hints and tips on everything from laptops to Sat Navs to the latest mobile phones. With new videos being added each month, users can search through hundreds of videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/eyeopeners.
About Carphone Warehouse and Geek Squad
In 2006 Best Buy established a partnership with Carphone Warehouse to bring its business model and mobile phone expertise to the US market under the banner 'Best Buy Mobile'. Two years later, Best Buy acquired 50% of The Carphone Warehouse's European and US retail interests for £1.1billion, creating Best Buy Europe. The joint venture now encompasses the following retail and technical support brands: Carphone Warehouse, The Phone House and Geek Squad.
SOURCE Carphone Warehouse
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict