|By Business Wire||
|November 26, 2012 09:19 AM EST||
Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/4rfd8q/global_mobile) has announced the addition of the "Global Mobile Games, Apps & Social Networking- Trends & Forecasts" report to their offering.
The telecom operators are increasingly dependent upon their Value Added Services (VAS) to offset the decline in revenue from their legacy voice services. The VAS services can be classified into basically 2 categories namely, Traditional Voice services which includes Ringtones, SMSs and the Modern Day voice services which is mainly dependent on the data connectivity service modes like WAP, GPRS, MMS etc. The current popular services which are attracting maximum mobile user base include Mobile Gaming, Social Network Sites and Mobile Applications. Nascent stage services like m-commerce, m-health, Mobile TV and Mobile Video etc yet to gain popularity.
This research reports basically summarizes the various aspects of Mobile Gaming, Social Networking Sites and Mobile Applications like Current Scenario, Drivers and Hurdles for these services and the potential revenues, with the implications on Telecom Operators, Content Aggregators, Content Providers, Device Manufacturers etc.
The report is generated through secondary findings available on the internet and the relevant sources of data have been mentioned wherever applicable.
- The mobile subscriber base is expected to reach around 6.5 billion by 2012 and 7.5 billion by 2015, with Asia-Pacific and Africa region combined expected to contributed around 65% of the total in 2015
- The global mobile revenue is expected to cross $1.5 trillion by 2012, with mobile data expected to contribute around 28% of it
- Smartphones accounted for around 26% of the total mobile handset sales in 2011 and is expected to reach 1,021.8 million units in 2016
- There will be more than 300 billion apps downloaded annually by 2016, approximately more than 10 times the amount that were downloaded in 2011
- The mobile operators are bound to leverage increased mobile data and smart phone penetration and with more and more consumers using the mobile phones for playing games, social networking and apps download etc, there lies huge opportunity for mobile players, device manufacturers, content/application providers to increase their revenue pipeline
- Android OS has steadily gained momentum in the past 2 years, and as in June 2012 was the most popular Mobile OS and had a market share of 56.1%, ahead of Apple iOS (22.9%) and by 2016 would register a marginal decline in market share owing to the Windows mobile OS
- Mobile Network Operators
- Mobile Software Developers
- Handset and Tablet Manufacturers
- Content and Applications Aggregators
- Wireless Privacy and Security Specialists
- Mobile Marketing and Advertising Providers
- Google Plus
- Meet up
Profile of Mobile Gaming Companies
- EA (Electronic Arts Inc)
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/4rfd8q/global_mobile.
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- How to Avoid the #BigData Black Hole | @BigDataExpo [#IoT]
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict